Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Viva Las Vegas #15 Saturday photo's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRUZN60, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Gator

Gator

Nice pics - Poorboy Kent moved out to Colorado last year, he went to VLV this year - sent me a text that he traded his Caddy for this at the show:

[​IMG]

2. Joe,

Glad to hear Daisy is still tollerating you, she's a keeper for sure. Laura and I were hoping we would see you last week. You guys area always welcome to come for a Colorado vacation anytime my friend.

Can't claim the Lonely Knights are "taking care of the show", we just help with the gate and registration. Lots of work for sure, but fun too.

I hear you about VLV, and know there are issues for you guys. Those mellow nights on top of the parking garage a decade ago, can never be duplicated, so we'll just have to keep them in our memories. Still a great time, just different.

Do you remember driving the bathtub down the ramp, or the bomb ? Being too drunk to walk ? Girls cruising roadsters around at 3:00 AM, sometimes with a topless vixen sitting on the back of the seat. Good times brother....and we will see each other again.

Hell, I'd settle for chasing you around the streets of Riverside, sliding around in the back of Alex's truck, trying to get you to stop the Roadster.

Later, Johnnie.

3. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Thank you for the kind words. I do remember going down the hill on the bomb and then jumping off the speed bump at the end. The roadster is doing great and it's pretty much a drag car. I am building a 28 ford pick-up/shop truck. I bought out an old hot rodder from santa monica. Part of the buy out it received a 59a 40 over, engle cam, merc crank, polished rods, canadian alloy heads built in 1950 by edelbrock senior. I also have a 39 box with zephyr gears to go behind it and many pieces of by speed equipment, harman collins mag, another set of flathead polished rods by edelbrock, intakes, v860 axles, 32 heavy axles, wheels, the list goes on. I will post pics of the old hot rodder I bought the stuff from, it will blow your mind. Oh and just a reminder if you are handling the gates and registration you are handling the car show. Don't let anybody take you for granted. It happens alot around there. Go to Vegas and party your ass off let the promoters handle the work. After all they are the ones getting paid. I don't want to see Viva turn bad for the lonely knights. I have been on both sides.

Take care and god speed.

4. Vlopez22

Vlopez22

Great Pictures

5. Thanks for the pics....

6. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

Thanks for posting all those pics! Some good stuff for sure but I have to agree with lefty on his post. I think some sifting at the gates are going to need to take place.

7. kustom65

kustom65

great pics! thanks for sharing. good too see a pic of my mates 49 merc all the way from aus in there

8. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

best viva yet, for me anyways.

9. morac41

morac41

Hi .... Thanks for the great photos....looks like a hoot......

10. vintagetrans1

vintagetrans1
    from california

Had a great time at Viva, cain`t wait till next year!

11. fms427

fms427

Great pictures - thanks for posting....:)