Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Skoda

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigRy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

OK everyone, I saw this in the 59 Car Life mag. I would love to see if any of these are out there. Show some picts if you got them. Kind of looks like a Packard from the front. I think this would be a killer dare to be different kind of hot rod or kustom.

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. You gotta have a hell of an imagination to see any Packard influence in a Skoda. You'd be hard pressed to find one here in the US. I've seen exactly 3 in my life. One belonged to a kid in my high school, a Felicia, like the red one in the pic above. We called it a Scrotum Fellatio

5. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

Well the drawing in the mag kind of looks like it in the grill, maybe a dodge. Not that red one though.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The magazine had all the clues that it was an import. I only looked into your thread because I've seen Skoda's in Europe (late model's that is).

7. Nice clip, Johnny, never seen before.. but what's up with the officer to lay his beautiful bike down, a rookie or what!!! The Skodas are nice, little cars, but i can't see any Rock'n'Roll in these cars, cute sunday cruisers for older people, i think

Carsten

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Who know's, maybe there was not anymore film to do a retake. Out of all the words spoken I understood the word horn and it was the topic. Skoda was showing a security system.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  9. krw854

krw854

my poor felicia

Attached Files:

10. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

I DID get a whiff of hudson from the magazine print pictures.

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

12. Weasel

Weasel

When I was a teen there was a Hungarian refugee from the 1956 uprising who had escaped with his arm full of bullet wounds. He worked as a chef in a local restaurant. He had a red Felicia convertible like the one above but had fitted a 4 cyl Porsche engine in it - this was in the mid 1960s....

13. from skodas reputation of questionable build quality over the years i think you would be hard pressed to find one anywhere lol.

14. Weasel

Weasel

Most fearsome of all Skodas was Mick Hill's 130 coupe built on the ex Team Surtees Lola T160 Can Am chassis and running a ZL1 Weslake BBC. Now that's a hot rod....

[​IMG]

15. nfleone

nfleone

Skodas and VW are cousins now, like Fiat and Yugo.
    Skoda was running rally cars a few years back in the world championships.
    Nick

16. frank spittle

frank spittle

My dad had a Skoda back in the early '60s. It is one of about 5 I have ever seen. He also had a Goliath wagon before or after it. He had an insurance route and used the best gas getters he could buy.....even though gas was only 25 cents a gallon.

17. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Thanks for the You Tube vid,s Johnny Gee. They are hilarious. Is Skoda a Chech car? I see the new ones while vacationing overseas and the new ones are pretty awesome compared to most of our econo cars. I wish they would import them here.

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Czech or Czechoslovakia is correct. And yes much differant car today that the early years. But that can be said about alot of post WWII cars. Who would ever think that VW would be what it became. Toyota and Datsun/Nissain. And others as well.

19. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Skodas have the same status as a Lada [ communist crap ]

The only difference between them and a tampon, is they don't come with a built in tow rope!

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Oh man! it's back to YouTube for me. I bet I can find a clip with a tow rope :D. Man who care's. Maybe the problem with the Skoda is that counter rotation thing you guy's have down there ;).

21. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

The 1956 - 70 Volvo Amazon has similar styling but is a far better candidate

[​IMG]

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

There are quite a few old eurpean cars that are far betterthan the skoda.
    Im the 1st one to jump head first over a euro project but you have to draw a line somewhere...

24. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

Guys, Thanks and keep it comin, I love the coments and picts. I was just thinking of something different and anything someone could do to it would for sure make it a lot better. I have never seen one and from what I see there are not many around , most likley for a good reason. They must have broke down or rusted away before they made it this for. I have seen that badge on something, snowmobile, dirt bike, cannot remeber, Anyone help. Did the company make other types, was it a big truck?

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

27. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

Wow, you may not see them here very much, but I think you would trip over them in Europe. Alot of those pre war desings are cool and that 1949 sports car is killer. Thanks so much for your help.

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Every thing I put up was done by a simple search. Mainly outside of the HAMB but there is referances to Skoda's here as well.

29. Reijer

Reijer

Why not try a Zaporozec? If you tip back a few shots of vodka and squint your eyes it almost looks like it could be cool. You can get them for around $200 in The Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.

[​IMG]