Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ideas? What's cool to mount on rear window deck -brake light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, Nov 2, 2011.

1. 2935ford

2935ford

Here's the pic...I hope

Attached Files:

2. Here's something ive been thinking about for my oldsmobile. Its a little involved but i think it would be cool. if you made a steel or aluminum cutout of the emblem on a car, in my case it would be off of a 1950 olds or a 1955 olds because its a rocket ship, you could paint the surface of the side facing the road with a illuminating paint (meaning it would glow red when the light came on) and put an incandescent bulb at the bottom pointing up so that it could still be "traditional". this would be something that would fit with your car and would not use street rod LEDs. and the cutout could be any shape you want too.

for the paint even a nice bright flat white would be perfect too, as long as it makes the light reflect.

this next one is kind odd and im not exactly sure how to execute it but if there was a way to put LEDs (i know i know hold on) at the edges of the backglass (where the glass meets the rubber) so that when you hit the brakes your whole back glass lit up red, or at least the edges. but for this there would have to be a disruption in the glass to reflect and disperse the light beams from. mabye a few etched lines.

idk. i think if were incandescent bulbs it would look OK, LEDs just cant seem to be traditional because they illuminate so quickly and crisply you can tell them apart from regular bulbs very easily and thats a total turnoff for me.

3. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

They sell a nice sized 3rd brake light (no turn signal) that mounts with suction cups.
    I thought that would be cool so you could take it off when at shows/cruise in's.

Just a thought.

4. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

If you need to attach it with self tappers & a screwdriver, it don't make it a custom.

5. Heo2

Heo2

Got to be some realy bright lights to se them from inside the ass:D

6. back2thewoods

back2thewoods
    from ct.

i saw a old caddy , with hunch back figure on rear deck, when he hit brakes, arms went up, blinkers, left arm , left blinker......... anybody ever see one of thosebefore??????????????