Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks...Chapter IV...Meditations on Roadhouse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Beautiful!! Oh boy! Did those come from where I think they came from?

2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The tweeker took them to the mexicans. Apparantly (and one of the many "interesting stories" from him) his tanks do not have high enough voltage to get the plating to throw in the nooks and crannies. The mexicans, on the other hand, have superior tanks.

That, and his cat had puppies and he tripped over some bike forks and can't walk for a week as excuses for missing deadlines, lol. Or I ran out of belts/compound/bits. Or I fell in the gold mine. Or...So many excuses. I have come to expect to multiply his time estimate by four and call bunches just to hear the excuses, haha! This amuses me.

But this time, I got hooked the fuck up. These wheels look awesome. I'll get some pics in the sun.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Haha, I can't wait to see the "bike forks" if they are what I think they are!! Wheels look killer!

4. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

A truck without bags, and unicorns.

I'm in.

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Daaaaaaaaamn!

[​IMG]

Blang blang cousin!

6. Holy Smokes!! Wow!!!

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Dang!

iPhone - TJJ app

8. Damn Terd. You're going to want to interview wheel/tire shops before letting anyone touch those wheels!

Talk a little about them. Did you strip them or was that the plater too? I might have to PM you about a set of wheels I'd like plated.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  9. Muttley

Muttley

Wait, you have some secret hookup for a backwoods tweaker that does chrome work out of his trailer? Does he use the leftover chemicals to concoct new strains of biker meth? It's pretty awesome that you have the hillbilly version of Walter White doing the chrome for KOT's.

[​IMG]

10. MY EYES.....MY EYES.....I'm BLINDED!!!! NIIIIIIICE!!

11. 1959apache

1959apache

Need I say more

Attached Files:

12. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

For real.

Dang indeed.

My buddy Cougar Mike has a tire machine and balancer in his shop along with his four (maybe more, lol) Cougars. Incidentally, he also recently got a vintage Merc gasser with some pretty impressive history. It's called The Cheetah, and he just tracked down the original or 2nd owner and may have found the original engine that was in it. This thing was fast!!! `I'll try to get some pics of that on Friday when I go over there.

But about the wheels, I gave them to the chromer with unknown layers of paint on them, like the gold ones currently on the front of my truck. I can tend to be heavy handed with a grinder or a flap wheel and that would just make it more time consuming for the plater to fix my screw ups. I take all my stuff to him "as is". Others polish stuff themselves first. The plater doesn't care either way.

That said, it can be somewhat of a crap shoot with this guy. All the chrome and polishing on my truck is good, some is better, and some is excellent. Sometimes you have to do it twice to get it good. Most of it is not of the highest quality show chrome like you would get from Nashville, but it's still really good and the price is reasonable.

In my town, there are two platers, the backwoods guy and the Mexicans. I've always used the backwoods guy. In this case, he explained his tanks didn't have enough voltage to get the chrome to throw in the crevises. The Mexicans have a better setup. The backwoods guy sends stuff to them from time to time and he has some kind of arrangement with one of their polishers.

These are easily the best looking chrome on my truck and I'm ecstatic with the way they turned out.

If you want some, you'd honestly be better off going with wheelkid here on the hamb. His quality is consistently 100 times better for not much more than what I paid. The only reason I didn't go to him was because I saved a pretty good chunk on not shipping two wheels back and forth. I've seen his work in person and it's every bit as good or better than what I posted, and his quality is consistent.

That's pretty much EXACTLY what it is. His gold mine was on one of those ghost hunter tv shows, lol. :D

Yeah, thanks!

No you do not. :D

13. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That just happened. Abracadabra holmes.

14. 1959apache

1959apache

Wow dude, looks nice. I have to get some whitewalls now lol. Those look killer. Whats going on with the bed? Are you going to bolt it up soon?

15. LabRat

LabRat

Terd ... The horn of the Iron Lords Unicorn ...

16. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

The wheels look killer Terd! KOT just a little classier...

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My god those look great. Incredible. Now get one that bed and stop fucking around with the Iron Head!!!!

18. slammed

slammed

The radiator just blew?

19. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

No! Somehow Terd went from trying to channel Brad Wesley and ended up as Cal Naughton Jr.!!!:eek::D

20. slammed

slammed

[​IMG]

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That's all kinds of sexy right there. Looking good, Terd!

22. Shawn M

Shawn M

Hey.... watch it there..... friggin little wippersnapper...............

Aren't you like two days OLDER than me,

and by the way, the Grand Marquis kicks ass.....

did I just say that? I must be getting older.......

Would it be cooler with a unicorn decal in the back window?:D:D:D

23. Damn Terd, you're lookin' good. I meant the truck since I've not seen you.
    Later,
    Dick

24. Muttley

Muttley

Terd, the authorities have asked me to verify your whereabouts at the time of this crime:

[​IMG]

25. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I have a dog that looks just like that, lol. Tater T-bone MacGillicutty.

26. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I was kind of busy with other stuff til yesterday. But between yesterday and today, I got the old rear end off and finished cleaning the frame. I got the new rear end wiped down with the degreaser and POR prep. And I got the frame wiped down with degreaser.

I'll have to wait til later today to spray the POR prep on the frame. It has to be hosed off and I don't want to do that inside the shop, lol. The plan is to get the new rear bolted in and bleed the brakes then roll the truck outside to do the POR prep and wash. I will apply the POR tonight if all goes well or tomorrow if it doesn't. At least there will be a crowd around to give me a hand tonight at our shop night.

Pics to come...

I finally got a beater ride to roll around in when my truck is down, like for paint and such. I'm going to slap this thing together and change my name to Cholla.

[​IMG]

R.I.P. John Quade 1938-2009

[​IMG]

27. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHA.......you didnt swipe him from a gay bar did you? :D :D

28. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That's a killer bike.

iPhone - TJJ app

29. sqrlnts

sqrlnts

Nice Sporty Chollo, please tell me your going to do something with that rear fender?

30. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Terd's 1%er name is TURD HURT-YOU-SON