Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sacramento Swap Meet 4-22-12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51504bat, Apr 9, 2012.

1. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The little woman wants to visit friends in Sacto the same weekend as the swap meet at Arco Arena. Sounds like a good chance to look for stuff while she and her friends go wine tasting. Kind of a win win situation depending on the meet. Never been - good, bad? Thanks. Regardless I'm going up to Cowtown with an empty p/u if anyone needs something hauled from inland SoCal to Sacto.

2. Two thumbs up . Get there early, alot of ground to cover and most sellers cut out around 2:00

3. LostHope

LostHope

Its A great swapmeet Its getting better every year as it grows, If anyones going to be in this area that day i would say its worth stopping and taking a walk through it...I might need a fender picked up in south central LA if thats along your route but thats not set in stone yet,would be more then willing to shoot you some gas money...

4. I will find out. I am going to get a space to sell.

5. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

It's a good one! :D :D :D

6. gsport

gsport

damn.. the stars aren't aligning for me this year... missing this weekends portland swap meet cause' i'll be in sacramento visiting my son and grand kids. and next weekend i'll be back in oregon, missing the sacramento swap meet....

7. elsuperchile

elsuperchile
    from Dixon, Ca

It's a good one, keeps getting bigger every year. Get there early and good shoes as it covers alot of ground.

8. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

I would say its a good swapmeet but last time I went I didnt buy ANYTHING. I have never done that ever at a swapmeet and Ive been going to swapmeets my whole life.

9. LostHope

LostHope

I bought stuff, but noticed that people were kinda asking high prices last year, but i noticed this also at the turlock swap meet!Im sure alot of people refrained from purchasing some items because of price i know i did.....just my thoughts!

10. you guys really crack me .... :D:D
    and how people view and judge a swap meet success ..:confused:

it's a bad one if there isn't any of the parts you need there ..:mad:

it's a bad one if the prices are high..:mad:

I look at it this way .. there are no bad swap meets :)
    ...... even if only one vendor shows up ...:eek:..it's still a swap meet

I appreciate all the positive comments about ours .. it is mainly is a Huge social event for us old dogs to see who is still standing ;)
    and our secret plan to make you guys exercise more .

gates open at 6am ... $6 dollars and FREE PARKING*
    (*somehow I have been able to hold off the parking charges)

and this will be in the car corral for sale .. and it is expensive

[​IMG]

11. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for all the input. 6 bucks to get in and free parking - too good to be true at least if you're used to Pomona. Taking the p/u so who knows what I'll come south with.

12. LostHope

LostHope

As you can see by my earlier statement I said it is a "great swapmeet" and suggested people go check it out and never said I judged it bad by the high prices, mine was a observation of prices, regardless of prices i still think it is a great swapmeet, i even went last year in a cast and wheel chair and rolled the whole meet with parts i bought on my lap, this year I will be there again but walking.....I was saying one of the reason's some people might not have bought anything(which i could be total wrong) or something that contributed to not buying any thing was high prices, it just seems like a sign of the times as not only swapmeets but also craigslist,ect.. people are asking alot for car related items "IMO".......But once again i think it is a great swapmeet and grows better and better every year and worth even walking it if you dont by anything.... and THANK everyne that puts it together I appreciate all the effort and hard work that goes into it!

13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I'd take this one over Turlock anytime. It's a good swap meet. I've found some fabulous deals there and I always look forward to this one and the one in August.

14. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

Ill be their today. The real sale is tonight. Parked next to a yellow 53 chevy.

15. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Lots of stuff to be had because sacramento people rarely will part with a dime.

16. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it's a great one--always find something neat to buy that I don't need--just have the need for vintage parts I guess