Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sling392shot

sling392shot

I don't post much, not into B.S. All the best Jesse.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Yep, I liked it, too. Not that anyone needs my input after the 33 pages above, but if you deleted all the air time on the welder who skipped school and replaced that with more shots of the finished car / road trip.... Primed for more, Gary

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Using a new Brookville Roadster body as a jig to build the DuVall windsheild was a subtile feature that may have been overlooked by some. Tough to fit a month long build into a one hour show, I think it turned out well, but the body save and paint should have been given coverage. Finished product has a great look to it. Bob

4. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

When you put it like that, your absense makes pefect sense. You have to be careful with a deadly weapon like your curly locks. See ya this weekend.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Kevin Lee used to make them...

6. Great job. Looking forward to more episodes.

7. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Cool clips on pg1.

Almost makes me wish I had a TV... but that would mean less time in the shop.

Good Luck Jesse.

8. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I enjoyed it.....I must be pretty lame !

my only comment...........

I expected to see Bob either blow some shit up ( ala MFS ) or at least doing donuts and giggling

DVR is series set.........I want to see more

9. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Good job Jesse, its just a shame Lil Johns not with us. Never forget the Monster Garage episode you invited him on. I would like to see what his talented mind could do to a traditional hot rod. Gonna have guests on future episodes?

10. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

recorded the show last night , just watched it this am.... right on Jesse great lookin ride, love your hand crafted touch. Keep the drama to a minimum it distracts from the build but I understand TV and all .. I love hand crafted stuff there is way tooo much billit shit availible for the general public to buy so let them have it.. that way all the posers can compete to see whos shit is shiney-er ...
    I think the color turned out great ! Ed

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  11. 32viper

32viper

I enjoyed the show. I'm glad there is a hot rod building show on to watch. Good job Jesse.

12. customcory

customcory

See, there was nothing wrong with this show. I said Bob Bleed would get thrown off for being so goofy on another thread that got deleted, but I didn't know he was part owner of the shop becauce I don't always pay close attention. But he still is goofy and entertaining to watch. I will watch every episode if I can!

13. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Watched for 12 minutes ,click, and decided to watch some important reality (a news station)Maybe I,ll tape it and have someone edit out the daycare crap.Hopefully Discovery gets this concept out of its system and has someone come up with a fresher approach.

14. derbydad276

derbydad276

only caught he last half ...
    looked good from what I saw loved the drama about (is the paint color wrong?)
    filming jesse racing to the shop all pissed offf only to have him say cool I like it

Im tired of that bull shit if I wanted that I would watch (OCC)

keep building cool cars !

take your kids racing!!! follow my sig ...

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Well shit, I missed it
    too busy shootin and weldin, than it got dark..went to bed

maybe check it out on the U toob someday

16. I enjoyed the show. I'd like to see some more detailed work shots, but all in all, it was pretty good. All the work that went into that car compressed into maybe 20 minutes of shop action was a bit disappointing, but realistically, nobody is going to put a purely instructional show about building hot rods on TV. Not yet, at least.

17. cool show man; we needed an old school hot rod show.
    it's good you got away from Ca, land of fruit and nuts. keep it coming good luck.
    Tony

18. pregrid

pregrid

Meh...................

19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

This +1! Bob definitely needs a new hat

20. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Was hoping for a car related fabrication show and got what I didn`t want.
    Sorry, can`t sugercoat it. Jesse has amazing talent but the formula for off topic antics still reign supreme. I didn`t expect the comedy show firing up the engine. Looked like their first time bringing one to life.

Not much shown about the car, fabrication shots or end product and as usual the car is secondary to the people. I guess it just can`t be done having a car show all about the car.

Rides came closer than any other and those episodes are still my favorite especially the Ridler builds.

Wish I could say Outlaw Garage was the sh*% but maybe if we all tell it like it is and quit kissing ass the show will evolve to it`s full potential. I kept waiting for Shine to come in and judge it at the end. At least he would have seen more of the car than we did...

21. Half-Fast

Half-Fast

Wish they would have shown more details on the car. James did a kick ass job on that seat.

22. BISHOP

BISHOP

We have to, or we are going to make him look stupid.

It was alright.

23. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Caught the last half of the show last nite. It was pretty good. Liked how Jesse went to town on fixing the problem right away with the cracked water neck and the heads. Good show hope to see more in the near future?

24. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excellent show! I think you caught the heart of the beast, given its mainstream TV. Closest thing to HAMB tv yet. What`s next? Spiff up your `36? Or maybe a good `64era build? Keep up the good work. Kool shit!

25. That was a pretty keen shifter.

26. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was ok, I liked it.

I'm calling bullshit on the frame/color deal. That's a dipshit rookie move to paint something so important w/out sending the customer (especially a fuckin celeb) a spray out.

I remember setting gas on fire during a start...once. You guys are better than that.

So what happened to your IROC Jesse? Did you piss off a girlfriend and she wasted it? Yeah, TV shows notable people stealing.

It's TV, I get it. Nice to see it was more directed at "our" stuff vs tuners or trucks or theme bikes. I hope it lasts. It did seem funny to me to hear how the shop would fail w/out this build though. The true reality of a shop like that, focused on shit that NOBODY NEEDS, it really can be a hard way to make a living. Sitting at home watching TV when you have a job can take that away from the viewer. Looks like the dream of all dreams to work at Austin Speed Shop, when the truth is that the blood pressure spikes over cash flow to pay bills and make payroll never stops.

"...all grown up..." indeed. Nice score kids. You earned it.

27. Koz

Koz

Two things impressed me,

How one man could have that much equiptment at his disposal> Man, what a shop, both at home and at Austin, and the amount of blind loyalty that crew showed. It takes a huge amount of confidence and ego to put people in that position. Shows why Jesse has had so much sucess on past ventures and why he has the money for those toys.

Fun show, way neat car and color combo, plenty of TV bullshit. I'd like to see it more like the rides episodes where they built the "Bad News" a few years back.

I'll watch again.

28. brandon

brandon

The fire deal was so mad fabricators....lol kept waiting for bottle rockets

29. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Great job. The show was really good. My daughter and I watched it.

30. Half-Fast

Half-Fast

Unfortunately, "drama" is a necessary evil to market a show about building anything. A TV show that didn't have the "drama" would not appeal to a wide enough audience. Too many people would change the channel to see what the Kardashians are up to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.