Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage portland swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CAMSHAFT666, Apr 9, 2012.

1. CAMSHAFT666

CAMSHAFT666

So what's the deal with the Portland swap meet this year? I heard that its sharing space with the circus or somthing? Sounds like a shitty deal...

2. it will still be the best the NW has to offer. I'm done talking about the crap the city is doing to take control. Now I'm planning on 3 days of fun. 2 at the track and 1 at the Expo. 2 separate swap meets held at the same time and place. the sun is supposed to shine what more can we ask for??? .........Jim

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Sun? What weather report are you watching? Looks like rain for setup Wed., plus more Thur. and Fri. then maybe a break late Fri., and Sat. I hope your report is more accurate than what I just saw this morning!
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/97216

4. 117harv

117harv

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

the cicus is taking up quality space outside of the expo. hundreds of spots moved or lost. it will be a circus there for sure this year, but that wont stop me, its always a circus!!

6. silversink

silversink

think of it this way, now there is a place for the clowns

7. sobpunx

sobpunx

I'm goin down, the news tonight said good weather, in the 60's.

8. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

I am ready, worked till 3:30 am last night finishing up work stuff. Started tuning up bicycles and sorting junk today. Loading up tomorrow headed out O dark 30 Wed. morning!!

Usually we do the track Wed. and Thursday and move up to the Expo late Thursday. Sort or thinking of staying at the track all weekend?? not sure yet.

All ready have something sold and something being delivered to buy!! Gotta love killer swap meets.

9. Spooky

Spooky

Oh man, we will be there!
    Up top near the main building. Shifty, 54RAT and the Spookman hisself.

54 will be bringing out a lot of rubber for sale, shifty and I will have gas station memoribilia, miscellaneous trim and body parts and engine pieces and a pile of 1965 Corvair parts.

10. U-235

U-235

Yeah we stay at the Metro Park and they raised the rent because of the circus. Now, they only have so many spaces to rent, so where is their increased cost....? Remember, they said they had to because of the circus.....bastards!

11. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

That there is some bs. I am not sure that the circus goers are from out of town? even if they are from out of town they have no reason to stay the night?

12. Jettback50

Jettback50

Coming down for three days this time. Rest of the crew is out so I will be on my own

13. april may

april may

I'll be in Hall E at the expo.....see ya this weekend!

14. 117harv

117harv

I didn't get to meet anyone last year, if anyone wants to say hi i will be wearing a red arm band with the HAMB logo....just going for Saurday.

15. heading down Friday morning, will hit the swap Friday & Saturday !

16. rancid737

rancid737

gonna be there with a 53 chevy 2 door project for sale, plus lots of other stuff. spot 1373 at the racetrack, I will have a "H.A.M.B. friendly" sign hangin.

17. Can't wait! I've always wanted to go

18. gonna be crazy at the racetrack this year. was going but got bailed on.

19. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I'm so bummed. Of all the weekends that I have to work (and there's no way out of it) its this weekend. I've been getting my shopping list ready for months...

Good luck and happy hunting to those that can make it though.

20. I need a four blade fan for my 283 SBC.... one thing I know I need.

21. eddie1

eddie1

Never been before & can not wait to get there. Expected arrival time of mid-day Thursday.

22. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

gone every year since 94. even if friends bail or work gets in the way, ill find a way. see ya all saturday!