Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T...Nature Calls!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Jul 8, 2005.

1. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Last summer I posted a picture of a Humming bird sitting in my hand and had thought it was one of those cool once in a life time things.

Well, tonight I'm in the garage as usual thrashing on the sedan trying to get it going for the Rumble next week and this little guy comes in flying around. It seemed to get tired and land. I put my hand out near it and it climbed on. I always have my camera in the garage so I was able to grab a pic.
    I brought it outside and it flew away. I needed a break any ways, but that was too much. How cool it happened again!

I figured it wasn't totally off topic, the sedans in the background!

[​IMG]

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Man, that is a really neat experience you had.

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That's wacky. Do you wear some kind of sunflower cologne? I have so many jokes about hummers, hands, a bird in hand, etc.... I don't even know where to start. It is cool though.

4. That poor old humming bird, thought it was going to have a big snack on that "Red" Sedan. Great bird and great sedan

5. Hellbent hotrodder

Hellbent hotrodder

Off topic? :confused: You're out in the garage working and your buddy shows up (again) to see how things are going, so ya snap a pic of him by yer rod. Don't sound no different than the rest of us!:D

6. kentucky

kentucky

That's pretty cool. Last year one got locked in our truck bay at the station. I guess it was in there at night when I shut the doors. I found it lying on the floor the next morning, I guess it flew around until it passed out. It was still alive so we mixed up some sugar water and laid his beak in a spoonful. After a while it perked up and flew away. They are so light, you can barely feel them in your hand. Very neat.

7. You got better luck than the guy Letterman had on this week with his "Hummer Helmet" he invented so he can see 'em up close and personal. Wasn't able to get any to land, though.

[​IMG]

8. av8jon

av8jon

I've never seen them very many times, amazing that you could get that close to one..........great lookin seedan ya got there too!!

9. middleskewl

middleskewl

So last summer, after this happened, did anything else happen??
    Anything big??
    This seems like some kinda sign or sumpthin'. I dunno....just
    really bizarre to me. Like some kinda' prophicy karma kinda
    thing? That's really awsome man.

OK....let's hear some bird and bush jokes!!!

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

"whoever said a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush has had his bird in the wrong bush's..."

thanks to gallager :D

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That's amazing! The only bird that can fly backwards! You need to put out some feeders.

I have a hell of a time trying to help a bird get out of my shop once it flys in.

I did have a snake in my shop a few weeks ago but it was scared of me too!:D

12. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Wow!!! Thats fuking neato!:eek:

13. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

That's SO amazing!!! Apparently you have a gift?!?

Here's the bird from last year...

Attached Files:

14. riverrat

riverrat

now you know what your going to be in your next life

riverrat

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

You need this for a radiator cap orniment. PM me your address or I'll bring it along with me to the Road Agents Meet on the 16th.

16. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Hummers are wonderful little birds; but do they have an attitude. I had one defend "his" feeder on our back porch several times. He put himself between me and the feeder. I had to go around to the front door to get in the house. Another one had a nest in the vines on the back porch. We left her alone and she hatched a tiny little one. Wonderful to watch. Last story. At Boy Scout camp we were at outdoor church with the boys all wearing their baseball style Scout caps, with a red front and yellow Scout emblem. A hummer came up and looked at each cap, moved from each one to the next thinking the caps were flowers. We were all thrilled, but sad we had disappointed him. Wonderful little jewels. And Arizona has more varieties than any other state. We have them in our backyard year-round.

Phil, aka AZAV8

17. Mojo

Mojo

We have a little territorial war going on around here with a few of them. Man, they sound like little bombers when they buzz you. I've had them fly right up to my face, about a foot away, but never land near by, that's really amazing.

18. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

I wonder if it is the same bird?

You know they are migratory. He may have just stopped in to say hi again. That is really weird.

HotRob

19. Roothawg

Roothawg

We had one caught in the shop last spring and they hafta eat so many calories per hour to keep up with their metabolism.

I climbed up on a ladder and stuck out my hand and he landed on my finger. I climbed down the ladder and carried him outside....the whole time he was perched on my finger. My kids thought I was Grizzly Adams or something......I told them that's how I know what they are doing at all times.:rolleyes:

20. Somebody up there likes you.

21. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

That so cool,just think these may be the only two pics of a Humming birds wings!! LOL!!

22. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

maybe someone came back as a bird and is checking the progress on your ride..

thats cool.

23. that's cool. are you like...Jesus or something? :)

J/k.

Maybe put some bird seed in your hair and maybe a few will come next time.

BTW...nice sedan!

24. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Tommy,
    If a bird ever fly into your shop again, try this. Turn off all of the lights and open the windows. If your shop is dark enough it should fly right out towards the outside light. It has worked for me. Otherwise get a BB gun.

25. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

here you are, your suppose to be thrashing on that rod to get ready for the rumble and your playin with birds!!! we gotta start calling you the birdman of rochester! now stop playin and get your ass back to work!!! LOL mike

26. glassguy

glassguy

its a well known fact that humming birds are attracted to the smell bondo, :D and gerritol.. both of wich are used in tremendous amounts in leadleds garage!

27. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

good one dave! hey is keith suppose to be making a shakedown run to your garage this week? mike

28. autocol

autocol

i don't wish to be rude, but i think you've mistaken that colourful mosquito for a bird!

:D

did you know that his heart can beat 1260 times a minute, when he's flapping at full speed? that's 21 times PER SECOND!! i love it when nature busts out with something crazy like that...

29. glassguy

glassguy

im not sure . if he does take a ride with him..

30. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Uncalled for.