Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for what year rear end with 5 on 5 1/2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchy Dehoux, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I am looking for a Ford rear end with a 5 on 5 1/2 lug pattern I do not want to use a pumpkin style rear end I want the open drive line what year and model would I be looking for. This is going to be for my Track T project which will have a 1952 Mercury 3 speed transmission. Any lead is appreciated.

Thank You
    Frenchy

2. squirrel

squirrel

Ford half ton trucks I think 49 thru 56

3. Heo2

Heo2

Ford pickup and mercury from 1949-atleast the 80s
    ford pickup 46-48 is the old Banjo style but with open drive

4. Thank You for the quick response to my post. I will be running a 1953 Mercury Flathead so I guess time for the junk yard and or pick a part.

Thanks
    Frenchy

5. I am definitely the wrong person to comment on this but I believe that Bronco rear ends work. You might check the archives for Bronco. You should try for a rear end with the ratio you want (automatics high, overdrives low). You might consider running a big GM rear end with 5 on 5 and using Cadillac wire wheels on the rear and Kelsey's on the front. See photo of Cad wires at http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645121&highlight=stephens

Charlie Stephens

6. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

When you say "pumpkin" style do you mean like a 9 inch with the drop in? That would leave 42-47 pickup with open drive banjo or the 48-56 with a rear loader that was a Dana 44 I believe or something real close.

7. Early bronco 9 inch is the right width and stud pattern

8. Sorry I met banjo style. I already have the banjo style on my 32 with the V12 Zephyr motor. Now I am building a Track T with a 1953 Mercury Flathead V8 with the 3 speed Mercury transmission.

Thanks
    Frenchy

9. Charlie thanks I have the wheels already they are 16x4 on 5 1/2 for the front and 16 x 4 1/2 on 5 1/2 for the rear. So I guess my choice will be to locate a bronco rear end for this application.

Frenchy

10. What year Bronco would I be looking for .

Frenchy

11. brady1929

brady1929

66-77 frenchy

12. Thank You for your post.

Frenchy