Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Joe Smith Early Ford Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -JoeSmith-, Apr 2, 2012.

1. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

[​IMG]

We are having our 3rd annual Open House this Saturday. It's supposed to be 67 and sunny. Bring your friends, family and neighbors, all are welcome.

Thanks again to Dave Russell (DRuss32) for the great designs on the poster and t-shirt. We couldn't put this thing together without you man.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Is this the Joe Smith Automotive that originated in Atlanta GA?
    And how is Joe these days if it is?

3. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Shirts? Did someone say shirts?

4. I don't think they heard you.

5. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Ha Ha. Just save me one and let me know where to order/send the money. Maybe save me more than one. Might have to frame one.

6. It is the same Joe Smith in name but Joe is not involved in it the Virgina business,,he is still in the Georgia and I talked to him a couple of years ago at Brads swap meet. HRP

7. Kudo's to Doug for for bringing a real hot rod asset to Richmond. Wishing you many more years of success. And kudo's to D-Russ for yet another great poster design, third year running, can't wait to add this one to my collection. Hope to see ya there.

8. Cool! Looking forward to it!

9. Cotton Cruies and I are comming .We will be driving Cottons unrestored 36 ford phaeton I hope we can find a parking place.... Sounds like a fun day.....

10. DJM

DJM

Ill be rolling down with dan

11. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Count me in. Looking forward to it.

12. A terrific event. Good cars, tasty chow, and great folks. You'll have fun. Come on over to Richmond for the day.

13. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Looking Forward to the 3rd Annual & seeing All of our Greater Richmond area Hot Rod Friends !!

14. Start with some aroma therapy...You're four days late for April fools man.

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I guess the "new" Joe Smith" doesn't want anyone to know about the "original" Joe Smith in Atlanta that was there for several decades.
    I'm sure it is just a bought the business and name and moved it deal but history is history.

16. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Doug Walker, a very stand up guy , bought the business and moved it to Richmond and is restocking it daily to bring it back the way it was in earlier days in Ga. Maybe Doug will chime in with details.....

17. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

pasadenahotrod- Sorry about the slow response. I'm not hiding anything, I am just bad about checking in on the HAMB. But the history of the company is pretty well documented on my website, blog, facebook page and I will tell anyone who will listen about the history of the shop. I am not trying to duck the issue.
    The HAMB isn't the place for me to get up on my little soap box and tell you all about this business though. And I don't feel the need to set the record straight. The information is out there if you want to find it.

I will add this about Joe. The Original Joe Smith is still alive and well doing business out of his garage in Atlanta. (again see my website). He and I have been sending each other business from day one. I have the utmost respect for the man. He was putting in work before most of were interested in cars. He has watched businesses come and go and remained true to himself and his customers while others grabbed for trends and a quick buck. He has forgot more than most of us will know about these old cars. And we are all standing on the shoulders of the giants like Joe that helped to built this industry. If you get a chance to talk to him, you should. He is a wealth of information and wisdom. He advertises in V-8 Times magazine. His number is 404-636-4025.

Now, back to the program...
    -Doug Walker

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  18. Nobey

Nobey

You Sir are an honorable businessman ........

19. 'Mo

'Mo

Those who know him will vouch for that.

20. Well put Doug, you are the man now!! and will stand out on your own for your straight foward buisness aproach. Honor, Integrity. Its welcomed Hear....See you Saturday

21. Well stated, Doug. I've bought stuff from Joe over the yrs. and found him to always be a straight-up guy. My hope is to get down to your shop at some point, as I'm sure you are keeping the history and tradition of Joe Smith headed in the right direction....Don.