Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Coe questions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cougstang, Apr 4, 2012.

1. cougstang

cougstang
    from Illinois

I saw the thread on COE's the other day and can't get the idea out of my head. I have a few questions for you owner/builders. First, will one of these fit in a standard 8' tall garage? I am referring to the one in the pic that is sitting low. It also seems most of these are using a F350 frame or RV frame, how about a half ton pickup frame and suspension? And last, anyone know if the bed on this one is home made or is it off of another truck? TIA, Cougstang

Attached Files:

2. Hiya,
    before the hamb police jump in, go do a proper introduction! :) there are a few COE's on half ton frames, so yes it can be done, when i do a coe (which I will) I will use a 1 ton or better frame, so you can tow with them, the other reason people use e350 and such chassis is because of the forward control steering gear, its at the right angle and setup for an almost straight down steering column, if you were to use a half ton pickup frame, you would more than likely have to swap steering boxes. as for the box, like in that one the fender is waay back because of where the wheel is at, but i would assume those beds aren't that hard to build, just get yourself some rear fenders. now go introduce yourself! :)

3. cougstang

cougstang
    from Illinois

Thanks for the reply. I had some surgery the other day so I have not been online. I will do the introduction. Cougstang

4. Should fit inside a 8 ft garage door height unless it is near stock height. Most COEs are made to be lower by choice. 1/2 ton can work, it just depends what you want the final result to be. That one you show appears to be a custom made bed. COE were mostly large flatbed or some were tractors for hauling trailers

5. AkBillyBow

AkBillyBow
    from Alaska

Check out this COE thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219018

Also, do a Google search for COEs. I too have taken a recent interest / love for the COE !! Keep searching as there is plenty of good pics and reading material out there. We all need a cool COE. I love the built crew cabs....that's what I want.

AkBillyBow

6. kscarguy

kscarguy

My 41 Ford COE fits in a normal size garage...it has a dually rear end that is the narrow width so it fits in a narrow garage too.