Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here are a couple of more plaque photos I received for our website. This one was found at a swap meet and the buyer wanted info about this East Los Angeles club .....

[​IMG]

Another photo I received was for the Rakes from Far ELA. I started a separate thread (Rakes - Far ELA) to see if anyone could provide info about this club. I included the response I got when I asked what Far E.L.A. meant.

[​IMG]

Since there were no posts on that thread, I thought I'd try here to see if anyone knows anything about either of these ELA clubs.

2. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

New Iowa chapter!
    [​IMG]

3. Ficco55Merc

Ficco55Merc
    from Mass

Red Devils
    Rod & Custom
    Norfolk County. Ma

[​IMG]

4. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Here's my first attempt at casting a plaque. I made the pattern at home out of balsa, and then took it to school and made a sand mold in shop class. It didn't turn out to got because the sand kept wanting to stick to the pattern as I didn't put enough draft into it... So instead of taking it apart and filing each piece, I'm having one of the kids in the computer drafting class to make a plastic pattern on the rapid prototype machine. It'll be a good clean cast then!!! My shop teach also suggested I get a copy of the CAD file and take it to a shop that does CNC parts and have a steel mold made so I can cast perfect plaques again and again.:D

[​IMG]

5. Lucky444

Lucky444

fory, I think I actually like how imperfect your hand carved plaque came out as opposed to something CNC perfect.

Takes the soul out of it.

6. raymay

raymay

Rochester Street Rods, Rochester New York

IMG_1462.JPG

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  7. AV88

AV88

Our club grinders in adelaide south Australia ImageUploadedByTJJ1334057936.551041.jpg same as your grinders milwalkie but has lightning bolts instead of milwalkie under the roadster

8. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I gotta tell you guys how lucky you are to have schools with such awesome machinery and classes, i doubt i would have dropped outta school if i had such toys to play with.

Pretty cool 1st attempt anyway.

9. Fantastic website!
    I bet I've spent 100's of hours in the last few years combing through all the locations & various designs.

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

11. otti

otti

look at this weid plaque on ebay

Attached Files:

12. Did some research and got this information from Gil Coraine (former announcer at New England Dragway and old time rodder):

That plaque was indeed of the Pipers Club from Marblehead, a town that ALWAYS lost Thanksgiving high school fotball games to Swampscott.
    The Peace Pipes of Swampscott was started in 1959-1960 by me, Arthur "Mouse" Sellars, Lee Goodwin, Paul Ryan, Paul Downing, Paul Pronco, Bob Ellison, Bob Pierro and a few others. The Pipers probably started a few years earlier.
    Two Pipers members I remember were Bill Doane and Paul "Motor" Burns. Motor still operates a restoration shop in Marblehead called "Motors". Those two and a few others ran a sharp AA/FD called The Spirit of 76.
    Us Peace Pipes guys were the "kids" of the north shore hot rod clubs. Everyone else was one to three years older than us, which was a lifetime when you're a teenager.
    The other notable clubs trom then and there included the Knight Riders of Peabody (Jim O'Brien., Ray Snell, Smiley Smullen, etc), the Hi-Winders of Salem/Lynn (Jack Doyle, Sonny Joe Mazza, Dick Roach, etc). The Peace Pipes, Knight Riders, Hi-Winders were part of the New England Hot Rod Council and very involved in operating the drags at Sanford airport the second and fourth Sundays each month. Man, those were great times.

I have the original Peace Pipes pattern (it was made by Speed Gems) but I don't have the Pipers.)

Dennis

13. 5w32

5w32

i dont know if anyone has seen this one before

Attached Files:

14. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Yes, but is it a V-8 or a stick?

15. 543fold

543fold
    from Texas

Here is one that my dad was a member of in the early 1950's....a small group of about 8 members in even a smaller town in Texas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Well Poth was big enough to support at least two clubs. Wonder if they were cross town rivals?

Attached Files:

17. 543fold

543fold
    from Texas

Huh, interesting! Looks like I need to see what the old man says about that.

18. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

According to Google Maps .....

Poth is a town in Wilson County, Texas, located Southeast of the city of San Antonio. The population was 1,850 at the 2000 census.

It is interesting that such a small town had two clubs. Maybe they were at different times. Did you know there was also a Road Saints club in San Antonio .....

[​IMG]

although I like your dad's plaque better.

19. woodenmerc

woodenmerc
    from East B. F.

Does anyone have a photo or a car club plaque of the Revmasters out of Linden, N. J. for sale or for copying. Thank you.

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Not sure about Linden, but Dennis O'Brien has a pattern for this Revmasters plaque from Union County and Linden is in Union County .....

[​IMG]

21. Here's ours, with a shamless plug for my son;
    [​IMG]

22. Handsome looking son (and plaque:rolleyes:)

23. [​IMG]

rival to the Drifters?

24. big_dan_1950

big_dan_1950
    from ca

ANY INFO ON THIS CLUB ? HOW MUCH IS THE PLAQUE WORTH ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. BobH44

BobH44

Here is a Hot Heads Culver City Plaque ........

I am a member of the Hot Heads of Culver City and I am looking for
    one of this style of our club Plaque .

Attached Files:

26. RaNfLaS

RaNfLaS

Looked over a ton of plaques on this thread.
    Was wondering if there are any places in California that would make the scraper plates/plaques?
    Im located in the Watsonville/Santa Cruz area.

Thanks in advance for any info/leads
    Javier

27. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Any info on this plaque from lancaster ?

001.jpg

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

The photo I have of that plaque on our website was taken by me at our Run to the Sun car show here in Lake Havasu City in 2001.

[​IMG]

I had to ask what LCRC stood for and the owner said Lancaster Coupe & Roadster Club. I've seen the (red) car at some of our shows since then but don't know who the owner is.

29. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Very Good .... Thanks you.

Just piced the Plaque up at a Swap Meet in Long Beach & wondered of Age & Meaning.