Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm a Member of the Long Roof Club Now!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Mar 31, 2012.

1. rld14

rld14

I knew it! While I have yet to meet ya, for the years I spent lurking on here and from reading the board I had a feeling that you selling your Olds was about as likely as Dick Cheney getting breast implants.

I was hoping you were gonna bring it to the showdown as it's one of those cars on here that I am dying to see in the flesh, but I can't wait to see the new longroof.

Besides, I wanna see if it's as long as my monster :D

2. kisam

kisam

That reminds me of cross country trips we used to take when I was a kid. If I was setting in the back jump seat acting up my Mom could beam me upside the head with her tennis shoe!:)

3. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Denise,

Have you come up with a name for it yet? Seems to me like it's name should be Orvil Finkelstein.

You know..."Here comes Hotrodladycrusr with Orvil"........or "Here comes Denise with Mr. Finkelstein".

No matter...you'll look good behind the wheel of that one...what ever name you come up with.:D:):)

Best wishes,

HellRaiser

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking wagon, I bet it can carry some real weight in it

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Medium blue metallic, silver roof, 8 lugs. But that's just me! Nice long roof, too bad there's no woodgraining on it! Welcome to the long-roof group. You'll be really cool if get an old trailer to pull with it.

Brian (the Brian with the big Poncho '48 'vert, and the Tin Woody '51 Pontiac)

Attached Files:

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well lets park next to each other and have a long roof contest:D
    In any event it will be nice to finally meet you.

I'm thinking either Big Blue or Big Chief.
    I'll decide once I drive him around abit.

7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

see you up at Sins. You gonna park with us?

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, of course, would love to park with my Single Finger buds but don't forget about my family friendly Pig Roast the night before. Maybe if you bring mama and the girls you'll be able to attend.:D

9. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Sounds like fun! Congrats on the new ride. Rob

10. Big Blue.....that's so.....Michigan :rolleyes::p

See ya next Thursday, D ;)

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Got plenty of room here at the house to put you boys up. Seriously give it some thought.

12. Way Cool wagon Denise! Congrats!

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

Make sure you check the ash tray when it gets home....

[​IMG]

14. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump.

You know you want to.

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Wow, very nice, congrats Denise.

16. Now all you need is a little camper... and you won't have to pay for hotels...

17. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Congrats on the sweet longroof and welcome to your intial step in the "yard fulla cars" club.

18. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

:D Cool wagon, what plans do you have for the new color and wheels?

19. rbroadster

rbroadster

RUN, EARL, RRUUNNNNN!!!! :D

I absolutely love the interior, not so thrilled with the exterior color but I know a painter.;)
    [​IMG]

20. Gator

Gator

Nice Denise, congrats...

21. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I have some extra parts for that if needed

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Denise, glad you have joined the Longroof Club. I've had convertibles, coupes and trucks but I'm having more fun with my 62 Chevy Longroof. Enjoy it.

Attached Files:

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for all the kinds words regarding the wagon.

Used condom??? :eek:

One of these days bud, one of these days.

Yikes, but where would I shower?? :eek:

Two classics is my limit unless I hit the lottoa nd build onto my garage.;)

Nothing planned yet. I'm going to drive it as is for at least a year as I save for upgrades.

You were actually there first person I thought of when I knew I was buying this wagon. You've GOT to meet us at the HRR in Bolwing Green in June and come cruzn in the wagon OR Memorial weekend at Brian's. I miss you lots.

Be still my heart. Not sure if I need anything yet. Will let you know. Thanks much!

Yours is beauitful!

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. A queen-sized bed that burns fossil fuels!

Is it what you expected? I might be in Livonia (at that other place) within the next week or so. I'll plan it for late in the day so's we can check it out.:cool:

25. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Glad to see you are in the Poncho family Denise. Maybe you can document a trip you go on in it and post on the HAMB. Man I miss those posts:(.

48 Poncho

26. You will love that wagon, I looked at it when Roger had it. We would love a wagon but going to hang with the 54 for a while.

27. too bad im in ohio and your in mich ive got a really nice pair of 60 ohio plates that id give ya for it but....wouldnt do ya much good

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm heading to Austin TX on Wednesday for the RoundUp. About the time I get back the car should be hear so the week of the 16th I should be around. You've got my digits.

Yeah I miss posting those. I do have a few of out of states trips in it already planned for April and May. I'll see what I've got time to write up and go from there.

It's a nice offer, thanks bud!

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

For those who may be interested, there's a 60 Poncho wagon, 454 powered, looks good, A/C and other goodies for $17,500 on racingjunk.com

30. fms427

fms427

Denise - you'll NEED to sell Big Olds to buy all the paint to cover that thing !!

Nice wagon , but no way was I believing you selling Big Olds - you like topless too much !!

I always buy my Year of Manufacture (and I have many.....) plates from a dude that is at every Midland swap meet and also Frankenmuth - I think I have his card, but it's in Mi and I'm still in Florida. Good guy, good selection of plates , and very reasonable ($10-15 for a good plate). Someone else here may know him - and he is local. And, if you are restoring it - I'm now an expert.....after trying about every method.........:eek: