Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's a good price to pay for a used airride system?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olkarz, Mar 30, 2012.

1. olkarz

olkarz

Hey guys!

Got an opportunity to buy a used airride system, except for the tank, and need some advice wheter or not to buy it for $700. it has 1 of those acrylic 12 switch boxes that the lowrider truck guys use to make their trucks hop/dance. The guy says that he was in an accident and the truck was totaled.:confused:

Is it ever a good idea to buy a used aribag system??

Mike

2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Look it over good, sounds like it might have caught Hell a time or 3 in it's life, if they were hopping it with air.

What's there, a compressor and 4 corners?
    If your looking for those components.......You might could make a lowball offer, and see how it goes.

I thinks 700 is a bit high for that kind of used stuff.

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

$700? that's pretty close to a whole digital crafter pack from kustombuilder. Not sure I'd really trust used bags myself. PM kustombuilder and see what a setup is going for these days.

4. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

If you have a buddy with a tax I.D. you can order everything new from Lowrider Depot for about 100 bucks more... If it is in good shape, go about 4-500 bucks if it's all there.

5. 53floored

53floored
    from kansas

look over the bags to see if they have wear marks... the compressors are pricey and valves add up quick Id offer maybe 500 if everything looks good because a bag itself will run you about 90 bucks for a 2600 lb bag

6. Tin Can

Tin Can

500 sounds like a good offer to make. I sold a used kit I picked up and never used a couple of years ago for 500 bucks

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, what kind of car did system come off of and what are you thinking of installing it in?
    how was car/truck totaled, by hopping up and down the road? what brand and how old?
    so, getting proper A arms, shocks, etc? how was rear of totaled ride set up? this is a set up you have never seen operate and going to hand over hard earned cash on his word? ever installed an air ride system? tell him too deduct some $$ for that hi tech acrylic multi switch set up you will never use.

8. Bags are for groceries.

9. BISHOP

BISHOP

Bags also make your car go up and down, groceries only make it go down.

10. olkarz

olkarz

It came out of 1 of those mini trucks and I want to install it in my '54 Bel Air. Jag IRS and Trailblazer 8.5. The small bags look like they will fit in the Jag spring perch once I make a flat plate for them. That air tank is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too big to mount anywhere on the car. Hell I might just hook it up in my '57 Chevy 3100!! I have the exact same set up on it too.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. chopt49

chopt49

Really? Why when an airbag thread comes up do people have to open it and then post these lame comments! Just respect the builders that use bags and post your thoughts elsewhere....

I would stay clear of a used bag set up. You can get into a bag set up new for less then $700 easy.

12. shocker998md

shocker998md

Unless you can get a screaming deal on the valves and compressors and tank id pass. I did a super budget bag set up with my buddy on his 62 galaxie and only did the front, and if you know what your doing its not too bad price wise. Valves get expensive and depending on your wants a needs so can a compressor or two.

13. olkarz

olkarz

Ultimately I just want my '54 to lay low, ride comfortably and look cool!

14. Slick Willy

Slick Willy