Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my dad. My best friend, my hero.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Mar 29, 2012.

1. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

r.i.p. to your pops.

2. Hang in there buddy, it was a nice tribute you posted here. He had no regrets says it all. Didnt know your Dad, but I'm guessin he would want you out doin all the things you love!!
    r/Bob

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Sorry for your loss.

I will keep you all in my prayers.....

4. big bad john

big bad john

...Very sorry for your loss......I think your dad was a grand man and live life to the fullest....

5. johnnyvees

johnnyvees
    from sunland ca

sorry for your loss but you know he,s up stairs looking down on you.
    God Bless,

6. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I've been avoiding this thread for a few days because I knew opening it would open other things for me. Lost my dad in January to breast cancer at age 72.

7. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for you and your family.

8. Sorry for your loss brother. My dad is about that same age and, like yours, introduced me to all things hotrod.

That double nickel looks exactly how they should look...hopped up, but not gaudy and overdone.

I still have mine with me and am gonna hang out with him all of this weekend at the Ft. Worth swap meet. This thread reminds me to enjoy that time as much as possible.

9. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

I am dreading the day I lose my father. I am very sorry for your loss. Great 55. One of my favorites.

10. Ricci32

Ricci32

Lost my dad to cancer almost four years ago he was a cool ass guy mybest friend and hero.Hot rod racecar motorcycle guy he also left this world with no regrets or things that need to be said , life is never the same but i find myself being more like him every day. Be glad we had the best fathers in the world many dont live a life he would be proud of. sorry for your loss

11. Glad to hear you found someone to give his casket the one-shot treatment. I know he will love it Mac.

12. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

So sorry to read of your Dad's passing. It's never easy to have that happen at any age. Mine died when he was 44, I was 15, 40 yrs later I miss him every day. Remember the good times!

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

God bless him........may he rest in peace.

14. flathead okie

flathead okie

Sorry for your loss. You'll never forget, but it does get easier.
    My Dad passed away 3 yrs ago at 83............I actually picked up the phone and started dialing his # last night, because I read something here he would've enjoyed.

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Sorry to hear this Mac....I feel your pain after losing my Mom. Best wishes Skip

16. sorry to hear about your loss--prayers offered and spoken....lost my best friend recently my father in law...rough all the way around but he was a big follower and believer!! gump

17. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brother,

I feel your pain. I lost my dad 3 years ago on March 20th to cancer. He too was 67 years old. I know it doesn't feel like it now but I can tell you it does get better with time. Your memories of your dad will never fade - keep those memories close to your heart. I will lift prayers to our Father in Heaven for you and your family.

Hang in there brother.

Thor

18. lbrunkala

lbrunkala

Very sorry for your loss!

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

So sorry for your loss. My Dad is gone and I really miss him. I wish I could be half thr man he was.

20. jhutch713

jhutch713

So sorry about your dad, lean on those around you, take comfort in the memories you had with him.

21. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

There just aren't words...

Lost mine in '08 unexpectedly. I can't say you really ever get over it, but the pain gets less raw over time.

May you find comfort.

Those who still have your dad - go give him a call. Make every chance count.

22. grabrr

grabrr

Sorry for your loss, I lost my Dad to a brain tumor, almost 20 years ago, he was the ripe old age of 52...sometimes I wonder if he would have made it longer if we had the technology we have now, back then?

23. devlin

devlin

Sorry for your loss. My dad died 3 yrs ago at the young age of 66. Sudden stroke while having his morning coffee with the love of his life, my mom. I was deployed at the time. We were very close. I feel your pain brother.

24. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

So have I my friend...worst feeling there could be...you will be ok...let him live in you memories...God's speed to him.

25. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

my thoughts and prayers go out to you....i lost my father last january 2011....it sucks..but i am comforted by faith... and like you said...you WILL see eachother again!

26. JIMSPSYCLESHOP

JIMSPSYCLESHOP

Sorry, wish I had something to say that could help. The sense of loss never really goes away but the pain becomes bearable with time. Easier to say goodbye to somebody that led such a full life. The love and respect he had from you means he had everything already. Jimmy

27. cheveey57

cheveey57

Sorry for your lose, looks like you were a lucky guy to have such a great dad.

28. Ed "Axle" II

Ed "Axle" II
    from Evans,CO

So sorry for your loss.

29. anayaltr1

anayaltr1
    from berwyn

Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. God bless you and your family.

30. Larjk9

Larjk9

Sorry for your loss. Godspeed to your Dad.