Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looks like I may have a place to resume working on the Telstar!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

As most of you probably know by now, I haven't gotten anything accomplished on the Telstar since October. I relocated my detailing shop, and the new location has a carport, but no garage. I need the carport to do my detailing work, so since the car is not running at the moment, and the steering box is not hooked up, it wasn't practical to try to push the car in and out,,,,,so it has been languishing outside under a car cover (NOT waterproof,,,so there are rust marks showing through the fabric..I'm almost afraid to see what is in store for me under there):confused::eek:

I recently spoke to my landlord and mentioned how it just kills me to see the car just sitting there every day, not being able to work on it. He was nice enough to offer a spot behind his shop for me to work. I have another 21'X12'carport (tubular with grommeted tarp roof) that I will be able to set up permanantly behind his shop. It's not the ideal situation by any means, but I will have access to power, a compressor, my welder, and a roof over the car. That's all I need.

Just wanted to relate the good news, as I've gotten many inquiries asking me what ever happened to the car...

I will resume posting progress pictures after I get all set up again....may take a week or two,,,(maybe a tad longer, since the roundup is coming up) :D

2. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

cool! glad you are getting back to being able to working on it. that thing was looking WICKED when you last updated. looking forward to seeing progress!

3. Good to hear, looking forward to an update and pics

4. Great news, Jim!! :D

5. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I'd been wondering what was happening to this one, looking forward to the updates/changes.

Scotty.

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Cool, I was just wondering what happened with it, Im looking forward to seeing some more progress.

7. saxet

saxet
    from Texas

Hope you find that the rust stains are insignificant.

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Awesome!!!

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Great news!! I have really been jonesin for a Telstar fix!!

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That's awesome news, Jim...can't wait to see the updates coming again soon!!:cool:

11. ryno

ryno

Good news man,was just thinking about you guys the other day, when I had to cancel my round up plans!

12. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Thumbs up to you, that is great.

13. teddyp

teddyp

thats good news was wondering how you were doing miss you back in jerzery

14. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Holy mackerel Jim, that's fantastic news. You'll never know how I've been missing those updates.:cool:
    Paul

15. Great to hear Jim!! Can't wait until we see some updates.

16. Squablow

Squablow

Add me to the list of people who'd love to see updates again. Good news for sure.

17. Retroline

Retroline

Great news, it would be a shame to see it go bad after all the work you've done so far. Can't wait to see the re-start.

18. Noland

Noland

good news, just like many others I have enjoyed watching you build this awesome car. Cant wait to see a update.

19. RichG

RichG

It lives! Good deal man, now get that roof up so we can see some progress!