Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine builders-Who builds the best solid lifter camshaft these days?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Mar 28, 2012.

1. TERPU

TERPU

I am an Isky fan, but looked on the web-site for a 30/30 Duntov grind and I either missed it or didn't look at the right spot. So the question comes up who else then? I know the advantages of hydraulic but it won't do in this case. Gotta have the solid lifter in my 301.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. i've got a solid roller for my 301 your best bet is to call isky or any other cam grinder for the last 10 years i've been using schneinder cams

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Isky has used them for a long time and are very good camshafts . Most any good name brand should serve you well . Most people go with the camshaft companies they used the most and trust .

Retro Jim

4. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

HEY Youse.... Call Us at the shop... Set You straight...323.770.0930. Love To Help !!! See Yah At Del Mar THIS WeekEnd. !!!! Remember.. NO Bump No Rump !!!! My Style.... Hot Rod Rod. tnz.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

You can order a 30-30 from any old local parts house, i believe sealed power sells one....

6. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Mike Jones ,www.jonescams.com ph.(704)489-2449 And original genuine ultradyne grinds call (662)893-5670 both are the best and most knowledgable cam grinders in my honest opinion.Also i run solids with alot of spring pressure i only have them ground on p55 cores,the cores make a world of difference on cam timing due to flex and they are a supiorior core so i would advise asking for your cam to be ground on one if your not going to run some generic one size fits all sort of cam.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  7. patrod

patrod
    from idaho

I have a Comp solid cam in my bbc, works great!

8. TERPU

TERPU

Thanks guys, I'll make some phone calls. I'm pretty excited about this one.

All the Best,

Tim

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Is this going to be a drag race 301 ? If so, don't rule out Howards Cams. Their solid lifter cams are as good as any IMO, plus they have the advantage of number 4 and number 7 being switched in the firing order for a little more HP on top end. Cam technology has progressed so far since our beloved 30-30 cams were the hot ticket that it is like comparing apples and oranges.

I've got an ex drag car 350 and when I freshen it up I think I will be going with one of the Howards solid lifter cams.

Don