Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well fellow HAMBERS...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheDooWopKid13, Jul 5, 2005.

1. TheDooWopKid13

TheDooWopKid13

i got my license on friday. I passed with a 93%. So i guess ill be at the next car show in socal.
    -tdwk13

2. Congrats kid wish I could be there.

3. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

Congrats. Stay safe out there on the roads.

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ditto

5. Tony

Tony

Very cool man!
    Congrats!
    Welcome to the world of high gas prices!! :D

6. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

run for your lives! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    just kidding.congratulations :D

7. TINGLER

TINGLER

Congrats man!

Gas was 99¢ a gallon when I got mine. Guess I'm getting old.

Be safe, don't try all that hairy shit that gets kids smashed into a telephone pole....at least if you do try the hairy shit, be safe at it (YES, a person can be safe and have fun).

...yep...I'm getting old. :D

8. Hay, if you dont like the way he drives , you can stay off the sidewalks.:D Just dont do like me and have seven accidents before your eighteen!:eek: Im sure you'll be fine. congrats.

9. Damn....gas was 19 cents a gallon in MO when I drove to California. And you think you're old ?

Kudos, DooWop !

10. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

congradulations!! ive had my license alittle more than a year and i already totaled a car:( i guess its not that bad since it wasnt mine:D my dads not too happy though:rolleyes:

11. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

Enjoy the newfound freedom of the open road...don't speed in your own neighborhood. That could be your mother walking you just sped by, doing waaaayyyyyyy over the speed limit...:eek:

Tucker

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

congrats doo wop kid. maybe we'll see you at my monthly shows since your two brothers dont bother showin up.

13. Rat Fink? Blessing?

14. Old? 23 cents over here! And a quarter for a pack of smokes!

15. 133

congrats DooWop. 93% is damn good, i think i passed with 86%. what are you driving? that's if you have a car already.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can relate to Johnny fast. When I was 18 and in college gas was 19 cents a gallon for regular. Hell, a few years later I used to fill the race car with Sunoco 260 for 31 cents a gallon. AHHHHH!!!! the good old days.

Frank

17. mikefink13

mikefink13
    from maryland

18. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

19. Congrats....Thanks again for the cool shirt and poster. the poster is on the wall in my office....man my boss hates that...Say hey to Harp for me...

20. FONZI

FONZI

Congrats,
    See at the shows. You should go to the donut shop in Huntington Beach. It is so early in the morning that there are hardly any cars on the road to hi!

21. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Excellent. Now, it's time for the safety briefing:

Don't do anything STUPID.
    If you have to ask yourself, "Is this stupid?", it is.

Have fun.

22. Wise words. Welcome and enjoy, but be careful.
    [​IMG]

23. congrats, keep it safe out there on the road.

24. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Jeez. You just made me remember how I used to stop a block from drivers ed and let my mother drive me the rest of the way to class :)
    Finally got caught tho. Was sitting at a red light and my Driver's Ed. teacher pulled up next to me. Not one of my better moments.

I remember 19c a gallon too, but then I was making a buck and a quarter an hour bucking hay, hoeing beets, shoveling shit, and moving pipe back then. Worked the farm six days a week all summer for about 600 bucks. I make that in a week now. Still can't afford to fill the tank sometimes...

25. TheDooWopKid13

TheDooWopKid13

thanks guys, im trying to get a new windshield in my 63 poncho, and as soon as that is done ill be crusing that. no problem for the poster and ill tell harpoon whats up. dont worry guys i wont kill any pedestrians, and i dont think ill speed with the high gas prices.
    Joe The doo Wop Kid

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Congrats on the license I've had mine 25-1/2 yrs already. 1st car still have, but the driver was a Vega. It was a P*ssy wagon! Very busy in that car, cut my teeth going to Saugus Speedway & OCIR. was a gift. I had a 68 GTO Conv next. 4 spd & all. Sold it 19ys ago, been sick ever since. Gas was a yo-yo just like it is now, Min wage was like $2.65hr, so needless to say I had wait until 87 before I could afford my 1st 3W Coupe. Spent a sh*t load of money on that deal, but used it to buy a house several years later, still have alot parts left over to build a dupe!
    Stay focused & safe. we all get a lil crazy screwing around, if you're gonna do that, it should be a controlled enviroment. Most of all you have th priviledge of Freedom! use it wisely. 63 Poncho,=My kinda kid! 389 I hope! I've gotta 65 A-body ragtop still, bought that for my sis when I started driving legally also.
    Have fun!!!!!:D

27. Your old! gas was .22/gallon when I got mine.

28. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

29. gregga

gregga

Congratulations and happy rodding! And to add my nostalgia, I worked in a Phillips 66 and pumped full serve gas at 17.9 cents a gallon. Washed the windows, checked under the hood, and put air in the tires. Those were the good old days. But today is going to be tomorrows good old days, too. Be safe and wear a seat belt. Helps you keep control.