Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone going to Goodguys Del Mar this weekend? 3/30/2012-4/1/2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Mar 26, 2012.

1. daddio211

daddio211

This show has become a family tradition, but this year will be a little different. Last year my dad couldn't join us, and shortly after the show we found out he had stage 4 non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. It took him quick, he passed in December.

This year is going to be tough, but we'll still make the best of it. I'll be with my wife and kids, and be putting around in my dad's '55. Stop by and say howdy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. jodell

jodell
    from Irvine, CA

Daddio211,

I am sorry for your loss.

I will look for you and stop by and say hi. Great car by the way...

Jeff

3. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks Jeff, looking forward to meeting ya!

4. daddio211

daddio211

Just arrived in Encinitas, minus the '55. Had one hell of a week already.

Got the car inspected yesterday and on the ride home I had a fuel issue. Trailered it home. Learned the trailer brakes weren't working on that short drive. Fixed the fuel issue this morning, then went for the brakes. Got that done and while registering the car found out my dad's insurance had lapsed.

After going the rounds with insurance people (underwriters, 5 days before active, etc.), I finally said screw it! Drove the '55 off the trailer, parked it in the garage, and put the trailer away. Threw the family in the Expedition and did 450 miles in just under 7 hours including a stop for dinner and a stop for fuel.

We're here and intend on having a good time anyway, hot rod or not.

5. You, Victoria, and "ALL THE KIDS" in the Expedition ?
    A little crowded ?
    Enjoy the weekend anyway Eric.
    Better than everybody in the Chevy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I'll be there on Saturday, god willin' and the crick don't rise...

7. daddio211

daddio211

Don, just six of the 11. And of those six four of them insist on living on the beach while we're at the show!

8. Dang I miss that town! Spent alot of summer days at the Del Mar Fair back in the fifties and sixties ... (before I-5!).. the turnoff before the race track is DelMar Heights Road, alittle liquor store/deli a few blocks towards the beach. Has the best damn lamb shis-ka-bobs (cooked) on earth .... enjoy your stay!

9. daddio211

daddio211

Sam, my dad hung out here around that same time. Grew up here, always missed "the way it was".

10. Heading down Sat Morning.

11. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

I'll be there this weekend. And our flathead dragster will be joining us. Looking forward to meeting fellow Hambers!

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

daddio211 sympathy goes out to you and Family with the loss of your Dad. too bad the Chevy did not make it. I will not be going - if anyone spots an aftermarket vendor, not big ones like Classic Instruments, selling a single round speedometer with 4 gauges on same face that fits a '51 Ford Car dash please get info and PM me - Thanks. have fun.

13. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Have fun guys. I am not going this year.
    Jeff Harmon and Jim Shelton are driving in in Friday.
    Have fun buddy.

14. daddio211

daddio211

Poker run today was awesome! Randy at Hot Rods & Custom Stuff fed us a GREAT lunch and was so kind to my kids. About 40 cars on the run.

I'll keep an eye our for you guys.

Joker, I'll watch for the gauge for you. I'm a shoebox guy too, so I'm forever looking for cool stuff.

Mike, sorry we won't see ya but its always great to run into Jim and Jeff. By the way, your embroidery work on the latest round of club jackets is exceptional as always!

15. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

To all you lucky folks going to Del Mar be sure to say hello to Gary

16. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

SEE You ALLL Me and "ISKY Stop and Talk... "No Bump No Rump" !!! Hot Rod Rod

17. if i was in california id be there , just wanted to say i really like that 55 nice color combo different and tastefull

and to those who are there remember to take pics and post em

18. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Good excuse for me and some friends to go south on Sat. Scenic route down the old road .

19. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks 57/60. It was going to have a For Sale sign on it, so if you're needing. Chevy in you're collection PM me. I'll post a for sale thread later. :)

20. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Thanks Eric,
    Have a great time.

21. ACinSD

ACinSD

Heading over in an hour or so.... Keep an eye out and say hi. PM me a cell number and we can connect if you want.