Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is the Black Widow Overdone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sting Ray, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hello - I have a '57 150 that's going to paint soon and now have to decide on color. The only thing I'm certain about is a two-tone job.

I'm curious to your thoughts of the black and white tribute cars. I'm leaning toward white over black or silver over black but don't want a "belly button" car either. TIA.

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That looks great to me, but I have a soft spot for tri-fives.

3. henry29

henry29

I don't see very many 150's around, so I'd just paint it however you want it.

I'm going to repaint mine the original larkspur blue and ivory.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

If it's Black and White you want do it. It's those that say there's is a Black Widow when its not, that is the big issue. Just be honest when asked and say no it's just a 150. I love them all.

5. squirrel

squirrel

If it has 6 lug wheels, paint it black and white....but there are a lot of colors you can paint a 57

6. a REAL black widow has a red hourglass shape on her butt...:D

Attached Files:

7. You might get tired of all the Black Widow questions plus silver over black is way classier especially a nice rich silver.
    :p

8. richie rebel

richie rebel

i like the red and black.

9. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Try racecar?? This Buck Baker replica is on display at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame where I work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 55chevr

55chevr

Paint any color you want to ... A nice '57 150 would look good in any color combo.

11. It's probably only played out on a tri 5 site. 99.8% of most folks have no idea what the Black Widow 150's were.

12. Nothing wrong with a black and white tri-five. If you're worried about being "overdone", this is the wrong car to have in the first place, regardless of color. Like was stated, just don't try to pass it off as a Black Widow and there's no issue.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I think the white over black would rock and I like the fact that when I see that combo, it is a nod to the black widow. I also think a late model brilliant silver over black would be a classy, mean and individualized look that would still play off the theme. Would love to see it!

14. while i dont think the widow's tribute cars are over done if it was me id paint it silver and white or a half million other color combinations and solid color jobs

while id love to own a 57chevy it would be very hard for me to decide on acolor because they look soo good in soo many different colors

15. Have you considered flipping the colors?

White roof, hood, front fenders & doors with black trunk and quarters... would give you the two-tone black widow tribute that you want, but it wouldn't be a clone or belly-button.

A friend did it on his '57 2-door post and it looked great. Traditional, but with a subtle difference that nobody could put their finger on.