Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap Meet Score

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mj40's, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mj40's

mj40's

We have a local very low key swap meet each spring. It is put on by the Barons of Boise and usually consists of 20 or so booths. I said low key! A friend that has worked for a local tire store for years told me he was cleaning garage and had some old wheels he was going to bring down. I about soiled myself when I seen what he had. :D I bought these three Rocket wheels still in the original boxes. I though there was only two and he priced them to me at $25 each and when I pulled out the cash he said for me 20 bucks each. I realized there were three when we were loading them up and he threw the odd wheel in on the deal. It looks reversed and does not match the others. I saw these 4 dog dish caps there and he threw them in as well. All for $40. The wheels came out of a old speed shop that had closed down 25-30 years back and they have been in his garage since. He also had 4 deep reversed Astro Supreme that he had taken off his 55 Buick. They looked like new and I'm still thinking about grabbing those. Not sure what bolt pattern those are???? Anyone know what the caps came off of?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Caps are shoe box Ford I think...49-51ish

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn good score! They would look great on your pickup if you could match another pair. The bolt pattern on the Buick wheels would be 5 on 5.

4. The caps are 1951 Ford to the best of my limited knowledge. Nice find on the rims. I went to a Antique Parts Meet a couple of weeks ago and bought a WWII gas mask, a ships oil lamp and a Fender Amp. Not one car part out of 100+ vendors. :confused:

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good score, I think that is the same brand that I put on my 69 Olds Cutlass the second day I had it in December 1968. They had great chrome on them.

6. Crankhole

Crankhole

Caps look real similar to '51 Ford but stock ones just had a big "F" in them.

7. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Nice score!! If you dont want those astro supremes, I'll take them!

8. Second in line for the Supremes

Caps are for a ford.

9. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Hubcaps are 1954 Ford

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Super score fer shure !!
    Good for you.
    Cheers.......