Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - The Final Chapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Looks great Scooter.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Flatblack! That's exactly the color I was hoping to see this car in. Unfortunately man that faux-tina'd look you have going on on the upper half is played out. :D:D:D

Just kidding bud, that looks great and I can't wait to see it back on the chassis. Proud of you man.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only did body work above the belt line. It's sort of an optical illusion. It's showing because it's rough (only blocked with 40), and the rest is smooth. But the sealer is also semi-transparent. It's sealed.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been an insane week. Moving plans, house closing stuff, getting cars ready for trailers, packing... BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm physically and mentally exhausted at this point. And you KNOW it's a good work weekend when you have a trail of blood across the floor...

[​IMG]

BUT!

Lots got done! It PAINS me to see this car go back together without finishing the body work and laying down that crappy black sealer, but it was sorta' fun to assemble the car. Picked at it a little each day and it's safe to say it's pretty well ready to go on a trailer pointed East. Just gotta' pick up the shocks from Five Points today, and bolt them on.

So... Here you go. The most complete the car will look for quite awhile.

(Don't mind the tape. Leaving a little tape on finished surfaces to help prevent "whoopsies")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's just BEGGING me to finish the seat cushions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear storage and battery access

[​IMG]

The other thing that has been brewing is getting the '53 Pontiac ready for BenD to ship. (which reminds me I need to send him the details of the move) The Pontiac was sitting too low to put on a trailer, so I just put it back up to stock height.

[​IMG]

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Looks like a cartoon.....A bad ass Hemi powered cartoon. Well done!

6. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey scoot,

The Murrays' lookin killer..........

'looks like you're gettin outa Dodge just in time! If the brownshirts from S.C.A.Q.M.D. see that overspray on the cardboard, the floor & no booth or permit on file, you're gonna feel like Ned Beaty in the movie Deliverance:eek:

The shop I'm moonlightin' at got jumped by S.C.A.Q.M.D. on Thursday ( they were not amused ) and wondered if we had a licquor license? I think the one little commie actually likes closing down shops:(

Covet the shadows, Ginger Boy !

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

7. I see a couple "flow checks" above the rear window.

8. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Killer progress! I love the blood on the floor too! I have always said that if you are not healing from at least two scrapes, your arn't doing enough. I dripped a bunch of blood on the floor and my boy wrote on the floor pointing to it with a sharpie. Still there... Good times.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah! That's scary, man!! Looking forward to less of those types of things going on around me!

Yes! Covet the shadows! HAHA! :D

Yeah, the quickest, crappiest seal job, possibly in history! Few "flow checks" for sure! Knowing that it's all coming off this summer, and because of the scary stuff that Pimpin' mentioned, above, I just laid down the cardboard, prepped, and shot the whole thing as quick as flash times would allow. :eek::eek: And it shows!! :eek::eek:

10. dart165

dart165

That looks killer.... I've been anxiously awaiting seeing it together!

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It looks so good assembled together, even with that crappy coat. That only means after you squirt the color on it and shine it up real good, it'll be worthy of a centerfold.

I can't wait to see a video of this thing screaming down the streets.

12. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

I love this car....

Here's the question... How long untill these are called Scooter trucks, much like a Rudy truck??? beacuse people will try.. *TRY* to build these just like they *try* to build Rudy trucks... yours is just that BADASS!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  13. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

Scott, your car is looking great, going to miss you guys. I know i dont get to breakfast much{not a morning person} Best of luck to you and Holly in your new home.

Barb

14. One Finger John

One Finger John

Been following this build since the beginning. First I didn't like it, now all I can say is OMG.
    Workmanship and design is flawless and individualistic. Wiring and plumbing and you could drive it on to the transporter?
    Enjoy the new homestead and driving a true work of art.

John

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I really love the look of this car, Scott. You nailed it and the extra length of the cockpit sure will make it nice to drive. Very cool indeed. :):)

Don

16. Awesome! Hope to finally meet you in person once you moved to the east coast!

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

very nice shots!!!

[​IMG]

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks everyone!

fuxl, I'm sure we are going to run into each other for sure! Looking forward to it!

Thanks Fur Biscuit! So many pictures now.... Thinking of putting together a little photo book of the build for myself.

Haha! You're too nice... It's not a truck though! ;):D

Thanks man! I appreciate the words!

Barb, we miss seein you! I always tell Randy he's gotta' get ya' to breakfast! Thanks for the wishes!!! You kids need to come visit us!!

Thanks John! Funny... When I first started the car, I had a vision. Then, as I got closer to finishing it there was no turning back, but a head full of ideas trying to push me off course. Just stuck to the plan. Looks pretty close to the original vision. And honestly, some days I'm in love with it, and some days I want to push it off a cliff because it looks like a "shortened sedan". I know driving it will seal the deal, though.

There are plenty of days where I think, "this was the dumbest idea ever. I should have bought a coupe to build!"

Thanks Don! It is SUPER comfortable, actually. Makes me question if I did it right. :eek:

19. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perfect! I see your booth has lots of lighting and a great updraft ventilation system. :D:D

20. kisam

kisam

Beautiful work Scoot!

21. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Scoot,

I wouldn't pull down any shots of your build jus' yet, but if ya see a couple of Kubelwagens or a Mercedes-Benz Type 770 pull up out front of your shop, get ready to shit 'n' get!:eek: You'll blow the doors off the Kubelwagens with the Hemi powered Murrary, inna run for the border, but if the 770 is sportin' the blower option, they'll give ya a run for your money!

I do like the colour keyed masking paper, the drops & the French Bleu in the above photos..................Haute Fashion:D

And scoot, not that it's any of my damn business, but whad'ja do that was so damn bad that you have ta leave Kalifornica? Scheez!

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Car goes on a trailer this afternoon and back to it's little 1-car garage until moving day. Really strange. Going to be very weird to walk out in the shop and not have the car sitting there like it has been for the last several years. Times are a changin' fast!

Rex,
    We have some close friends in NC and it's also much closer to family for us. PLUS! We really wanted to buy a house sooner than later, and this was a better option for us, in that department. Also, the job opportunity was one I just couldn't pass up.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For those of you that don't know, D-Russ' Vicky above, was the donor for the roof header for my car. It will be cool to see them sitting side by side, since they are sort of related, now. :)

24. So, when's the wagon train headed east?

(170 years ago, that would've been a really short trip!)

25. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Scott,
    Sorry to see you leave the "nut state" but sure understand your reasoning. Have fun in your new place and new job and keep up with the post on your car, it is really looking great!!! Great knowing you, let's keep in touch.

Rex

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The wagon heads East May 31 or June 1.

27. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Rex!! Absolutely we will keep in touch! My dream was to drive this thing up the coast and stop by the Schimmer residence. Guess that will be delayed a bit...:rolleyes:

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I guess since you're going to be hot rod less until then I might just have a partner to head to the Jalopy Showdown on May 19th!!! How could you resist 8 hours in a Model 48 Ford!!!!

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

yeah duh. Mine will be a pile of ash by then after i torch it.

30. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey scoot,.........................you have friends?:eek:............jus' kiddin'
    So lemmie get this straight?..............yer gonna give up all that is " The Peoples Republic of Kalifornica " ta be with folks, family & friends, home ownership, the chance to build and drive any damn thing yer crazy enough to but wheels under, and a JOB that won't ask ya to pay everyone else's bills?...............Boy, you been huffin' thinner rags in the shop?:confused:

I wish you and your nu bride a great future in NC:)

Inna abouta another five years red heads will be like unicorns, here in Kalifornica:(

" Do not drink the Kool-Aid "

''