Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford front end ID help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oneqwkfbody, Mar 25, 2012.

1. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

hey all...here is my new project. i need help identifying the front end thats on this thing....the guy i got it from thinks its a ford of sometype, possibly off a van? it has screw in wheel studs interestingly enough....
    i am thinking of going with a disk brake conversion..
    if anyone has any info/ ideas of parts and replacement stuff ...please let me know.

also from the pics you can see its set up for quarter elliptical front end....i know i need to relocate those control arms to the bottom...they just dont look that beefy to me? also, do i need shackels for the springs to be mounted on top of the axle...please chime in with thoughts and ideas .....

Attached Files:

2. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

sorry...idk why these pics keep coming in upside down,,,,the center one is correctly oriented tho!

3. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Those are mopar drums, maybe the front is off a late 30's plymouth/dodge. They would be 5 on 4 1/2 too.

4. Looks like 48 and up Dodge Truck front axle

5. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

Thank you for your help!