Register now to get rid of these ads!

35-36 ford rolling chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by young'n'poor, Mar 23, 2012.

1. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I've got a 8ba/t5 combo and have been wanting to build a Av8 around it for awhile. An older guy at work has a complete rolling chassis from a 35-36 ford truck that he has been storing for many years. 300 bucks buys it and it ha all suspension brakes steering gear and column.

I know the banjo rear and wishbones would be good for my project, but are the spindles or other parts worth anything to me? This is a all or none deal so I will skip it if I'm gonna spend months trying to get rid of the excess parts, but at 300 bucks it seems like a steal.

I've never built an early hot rod before so this is all learning to me, and I appreciate any advice here.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If the frame is usable, it should sel pretty quickly for the price of the whole deal if not more. You can use the front axle, spindles and brake druns, wishbones work great with a split and removal of the front mount spring perches. You'll need the adater kit to run hydraulics on the spindles and drums. 300.00 sounds like a pretty good deal.

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

Sounds like a good deal. I'd mount the 8BA/T5 in it and start lookin for a '35/'36 truck body to put on it.

4. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

buy it. that frame fits 35 to 40 cars and 35 to 41 pickups. always someone here looking for that frame. just buy it and take what you want from it then sell the frame here. or do what cooter is tell ya.

5. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Thanks for the info guys! I'm driving to go get it Saturday so hopefully soon I'll have a good portion of parts for another project.

I've considered finding a 35-36 body but with two kids and a wife it would be nice to have a car instead of a truck, but I suppose she could drive the galaxie with the kids...

6. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

you can look for a 35 - 47 ford truck cab, they all fit that frame, some take a little work but they fit

7. Crankhole

Crankhole

A '35-'40 Fordor body could be had for reasonably cheap if you look around. Badass family car.

8. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 35-40 Tudor or fordor sedan as a family cruiser.

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Now is this a Truck we're talking about or a 1/2 ton Pickup chassis?
    In Fordspeak TRUCKS are 3/4-up with different chassis from the 1/4 and 1/2 ton pickups which share chassis with cars from 1919-1941.
    Fordspeak term for 1/2 ton vehicles is Commercial.

10. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

It's a half ton pickup chassis.

11. tigermorser

tigermorser
    from Cochrane

believe the 35 40 truck ,car are the same dimensions but beefer for the trucks