Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom mmmmmmmnnnnnn!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 23, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You can milk a dog?

2. Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but fourth graders.

3. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Great looking chop, great car. Taillights aren't for me but it ain't my car.

Only thing I have a problem with is the shape of the quarter glass... it needs re-worked.

4. That is a great looking Kustom!

5. Willy301

Willy301

First, I have to say I like it, and I am not a custom guy either, but I have to also play the Devil's advocate here. Is he considering it complete, or is he going to scuff it down and put shiny on it. I am not knocking the flat black, but it really seems like a few more low spots fixed, and filled trim holes and it would be finished...or a bit more body work, a bit of scuffing and a shiny put on it and the trim could go back on it.

I think leaving the trim holes lends me to believe, he doesn't consider this the final car... I am really just asking out of my own curiosity...Trying to find his mindset on it I guess....

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I explained earlier that he dropped some of the trim with me to extend to cover the door voids, so yes the trim is part of the finished plan. As far as shiny, I don't know, not my car not my department. I'm the type that likes one color of primer and the dream that maybe someday it'll see paint, but as I said, it's not mine. I could pick apart a couple of things too, the tail lights are not my favorite, and I would have handled the rear corners of the quarter windows a bit differently, but I was very impressed with it's attitude and pressence... It just flat flows! I have come to love my Plymouth from the stand point that I feel it's just a bit awkward when compared to say a same year Ford, just never thought a '48 Plymouth could actually flow!

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Yep, That does not suck! Looks like it would just float down the road like a hover craft.

8. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

They make great Customs...

Attached Files:

• 59.jpg
      59.jpg
      File size:
      174.9 KB
      Views:
    • 63.jpg
      63.jpg
      File size:
      164.4 KB
      Views:
  9. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

10. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Resistance is futile, assimilation is inevitable, your cars will eventually wear WWs & skirts! Compliments to your Bud' Ricardo, ...that's a sly ride he's got!

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Skirts do look cool with tire smoke rolling out from underneath...

12. A very nice custom! I haven't seen many of those cars with such a nice overall chop to it. I'd be damned proud to own a ride as nice as that.

Bob

13. Pontiac caps with bullets. Same thing I've been running on my 56 Dodge for about 6 years now.

14. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Man, THAT is exactly what all 46,47, and 48 2 door Plymouth coupes should look like! You just don't see many of them finished out nicely...I love where he's goin' with it.

15. Weasel

Weasel

And just for inspiration, Dave Mclaughlin's stunning Plymouth custom....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. What do you mean by "eventually" ?

Chips whitewalls 001.jpg

17. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Just lookin' at the man's avatar and didn't see either on his ride, so...

18. 53Hattie

53Hattie

True enuf she's a looker, sure wish he'd loose those mirrors though...

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SSSSHHHHHHH!!! My secret is out! You bastard... Now the whole world knows I have been hiding a ressive custom gene. I feel much better now though. You know I still have those tires holing up the back of the Model"A"...

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Gotta look at ElPollacko's picture real good... Long before the getting drunk and cutting the top off days!

21. Those were the days of the AMC disc brake conversion on the stock front end. There's no sheet metal on the front, no engine etc.

I couldn't find a picture of it after you got the car going. I do have a picture of Ken-Dog doing his best Billy Gibbons impersonation holding a giant Z.

Chips whitewalls 002.jpg

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have some ultra glamore shots around here with the top cut off and a good coat of grey prime with the white walls on some where around here... 'Course with Judy's mad desire to "crean up" constantly, who knows where the hell they are! And she doesn't get "mr Lui Kim" on south park!

23. hkestes

hkestes

Quite a while back somebody did a photoshop of my 48. Not quite as much of a chop and mine is a club coupe rather than a business coupe, but I like it. Too bad I don't have the skills to do it myself or the cash to pay someone else to do it for me.

[​IMG]

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn that looks good! Ricardo's is a club coupe as well, just a heavy chop.

25. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Siicckk looking ride!!!

26. Road_Rat

Road_Rat

not to many chopped business coupes out there...hope to get some more work on my pos:eek: done...

Attached Files:

27. Willy301

Willy301

I meant no disrespect, the car is awesome, and I must have missed the earlier trim comment. He really has done an outstanding job getting it to that point. The labor is apparent. Was just in one of those really deep thought moments and that car brought it spilling out onto the keyboard like sap from a maple tree...I guess I was also kinda in builder's block on my project, and was seeking some inspiration....

28. Road_Rat

Road_Rat

hey need louvers? did you ever get rid of the hood in your avatar? picked one up a while back on the other site from a guy in AZ and it looks quite similar....

29. [​IMG]
    Eric used to shut shit down all the time with his Plymouth here in Fullerton.
    R.I.P. Eric

30. hkestes

hkestes

Here is another mild custom P15 from back in the day. Not chopped but very nice none the less.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]