Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering Dodge Wayfarer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Badfella, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Badfella

Badfella

Getting ready to cut the front coils on my 49 Wayfarer. Has anyone done this and if so, how many coils did you cut? Pics would be awesome if possible. Thanks in advance!

2. my car (51 plymouth) has cut coils. i bought it that way so i can't help with that. but my standard while time consumming has always been cut half a coil put back together repeat as needed. and feel free to post pics as you do it.

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Alot of people will cut em put back in, pull em back out cut again, until it looks right. Im a little more impatient and have been known to just cut a whole coil or even 1 1/2 and be done with it. Of course you can always cut more, you cant add backto what youve cut.

4. my '50 two door sedan has one full coil out of the front. 4" blocks in the rear. The back is still a fuzz higher than the front.

5. Badfella

Badfella

Oh yeah, I've cut coils on several of my past rides. I was just looking for a shortcut from someone who did this same model. Looks like one at a time once again! I'll post some pics and the details when I'm done for the next guy:)

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you can use a cutoff wheel , just deburr them after your done . they get stiffer the more you cut off.

7. Slimjenkins

Slimjenkins

Moog cc850 is a new coil that fits in a dodge.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. plym man

plym man

Don't cut more than one coil, first try. I cut 1 1/2 and ended up addiing a 3/8" shim to get some decent suspension travel. plym man.