Register now to get rid of these ads!

help finding hyd to bearing for wc t-5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Mar 21, 2012.

1. well i searched....but i'm not the best searcher.....i'm looking for (ready to buy:D) a hyd throwout bearing that will work with my Gm WC T-5 trans....i need one that is self comtained withh NO SLAVE CYLINDER.....:eek:....called summit just now and the guy was nice but only found stuff for fords...and a gm T-56...which i thinkk is different????but i'm not sure....i just know its called a world class t-5....then i need advice on a clutch and pressure plate for it..........:confused:,,,basicly the whole setup...thanks....i get this together we'll be closer to rolling down thru the alley out back:cool:...

2. Call the folks at Tilton.

3. fiddy

fiddy

I'm pretty sure speedway has em. Used the one they have for a saginaw and it works great

4. chevsen

chevsen

I have used Howe hydraulic throwout bearings specifically with T5s in some past projects. Getting zero lash (or slightly greater) is a little tricky and depends on the flywheel, disc and pressure plate you are using.

5. bobscogin

bobscogin

+1 on the Howe unit. It's relatively inexpensive and mine has been reliable.

Bob

6. got ahold of the tilton people....good speedy reply....that and the bearing looks to be fairly stout ...and it looks like it maybe not such a pain to setup....

waiting for a reply as to their recommendations for clutch and pressure plate,,,,which master to use also.....

all new stuff for an old fart to have to learn:eek: