Register now to get rid of these ads!

Giving away my stuff. yup. come get it, but it does come with strings sorta

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950coronet600hp, Mar 8, 2012.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

good karma , hope these projects find the right caretakers ,

2. the 50 dodge is the green car, and the van is also on my profile, have a look at both of them

3. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Very cool man.
    I hope wherever life takes you, thing work out.
    Good luck brother.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  4. Spork!

Spork!

Not sure of your situation but I had to sell my '34 coupe a few years ago and it killed me.

Is this a permanent deal or temporary? I have room to store stuff at my place (outside) if needed. Or I can help sell stuff for just expenses too.

Hate to see you give stuff away if there are alternatives.

5. Chief Dan George says" Endeavour to persevere..." I'm thinkin he was a wise old Indian!

6. Willy301

Willy301

Everytime A door opens, someone smacks into it and breaks the window...or something like that. Sorry that circumstances find you giving away your prized possessions, but hope you can store them or aquire new ones at your destination. I do not qualify in the least, unless you just disregard the first 5 projects in line.... and I could not begin to be worthy of them. I certainly hope someone continues your vision on the van, you had some good work going on that, as I recall. Take care, and when you get over east here, your head will clear of the smog a little..maybe. Safe Journey!

7. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

Your a gracious hamber! You don't need to explain.Life deals the cards that we have to gamble with. Hope you can bet at the table with the hot dealer with the short skirt. Let us know if you need anything! I live in Prescott Valley AZ.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If it were me I'd look to find a young guy with a proven ambition. Awhile back I had a long term vehicle that I had planned to redo and keep but time just kept getting in the way. Along comes a young guy with his priorities straight, a proven track record of getting a project to the completion stage and not having the $$$$'s to buy into a new project (but definitely wanting to participate) ...........bingo!!! The right guy at the right time with a genuine need. Can you say "win/win"? I gave the truck to him and only asked that if and when he found himself in a situation similar to mine in the future he'd remember my gesture and "pay it forward". I'm anxiously waiting to see what he makes out of it,but that's entirely up to him, no strings attached.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude, I don't want to pry, so I hope all will be okay with your situation. Guess this means no Jerome tin trip, huh? I dig what you are trying to do with your stuff. My mentors as a kid took care of me well, and I have always tried to do the same with other young guys too. The rule around here has always been, if it didn't cost me anything and I don't need it, you can have it. Just don't re sell it! Just my personal philosophy. I also have to say that if I had any space around here to store things for you for a year or so, I would be happy to do it. Something small that you just flat can't part with, if you need space, let me know.

Now, with that said, if you are at all accepting nominations for the situation that fab32 above talked about, Nick Flores from earlier in this thread is about as good as it gets. He has always been there to help if I need him, and always seems to work his tail off trying to get stuff finished. Just my .02... Hope all is ok as can be.

Chip

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Coronet, Good luck in your future endeavors.

11. tjmercury

tjmercury

My that's off to you, hope everything works out for you and I hope you find a worthy recipient for your cars. I bet it will definitely bring a sparkle to a dreamer's eye!

12. squirrel

squirrel

The van is something I want....but I do have a few other projects, so I should not even talk about it. Very clever on your part...

Good luck! hope things work out for you

13. ......Glad to see you still makin dust fly. I hope you are well my friend ...John

14. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive never heard of such a generous offer. i dont know your situation brother, or where your headed, but if you really would like to keep them your welcome to leave them here at the shop.for as long as you need 5 days, 5 yrs dont matter to me.i dont need anymore projects but if we can help you let us know.

15. I have no room for vehicles and I'm on the east coast. My garage was and is the home for wayward tools and car parts for people in similar situations.

I have a considerable amount of things in my garage loft from someone that was divorced 10 or more years ago and slowly he's reclaiming the items.

I'm sitting on a frighteningly valuable rollaway box for someone else and also some 327 Chevy goodies. This is one of the reasons why I went with a good alarm system.

Bob

16. 1 week to go, get yer posts up why ya want one, or a pm, I will decide who gets what in one week.

17. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I vote Squirrel for the van, as he's added so much to this place over the years.

If you're in Tucson for any reason and need a hand, gimme a yell.

18. Yeah, I haven't got a home for the van, I do have a 1st place for the 50 so far, not saying anything till next week's deadline, but If I were to give it to someone with a project Jim is first in line, hes more than payed for it with the knowledge he's shared, so jim not to get your hopes up but if I don't get a good story as to why I should give it to someone else, I am looking towards you. but a lot can change in a week. also, If the potential candidate plans on parting it out, you wont get anything. I refuse to give it to someone who will just use it to make money, so that being said, post here or PM me so I can help someone out. I am dead serious about this, I want my orphans to go to good homes.

19. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

The true meaning of a HAMBer Dude....right on...

20. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

You are a helluva guy! I hope this Good deed comes back to you tenfold later!

21. I hope so too, It really stings when life bends ya over with no lube, but the reason I am doing this is because I think its the best way to turn a crappy situation into a good one.

22. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

so when do I get the keys?........Just kidding!! hope you find a good deserving home for your stuff!

23. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Back to the top, and here is hoping they go to a good home. I am absolutely convinced that these kind of gestures come back in multitudes. Keep an eye out for your new survivor 32 barnfind.

24. I will lol, just to let everyone know, I have decided to end this early, I have picked who gets what, the dodge will be going to lo-n-low54 and the van goes to the one and only hot rod encyclopedia squirrel. Yes he does have a project or 2 but I think he more than deserves it with the volumes of knowledge he has given me and everyone else that has had a question here. This situation i am in really stings, but what makes me feel good is that some people will get one hell of a good deal, I have been on the receiving end of this sorta thing and I know how bad ass it feels, so in the end it really is a good situation, All I have to say to you 2 is please take care of my babies, I loved them very much, and I know y'all will too. and a note to anyone in massachusetts or surrounding states, If ya see something old and cool for cheap, let me know, I will have my tow rig and trailer in the next two months, so ill be ready to drag something new home.

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

What a great deal,If I were closer Id tell you my sob story ,,,But I cant bullshit you Anyway what a great gesture ,Hope your doing ok............

26. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

whatta guy---kinda restores faith don't it?

27. just an update, there may be some issues with the one person coming to get the 50 dodge, so that being said, i do need a backup choice. so keep those PM's comin....

28. skull

skull

29. cl350rr

cl350rr

So.... there are folks on here without projects??? great gesture and good luck

30. squirrel

squirrel

ha!

Yeah, my latest project is putting brakes on the other axle on my trailer, there are a lot of mountains between here and there!