Register now to get rid of these ads!

all you need to know about the HOT ROD RUMBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jun 14, 2005.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

you are aware of the rule that anyone coming from Canada HAS to bring the BEER, right??? just ask Fast Elvis or Brush, they'll fil you in ;) ...

2. Petey

Petey

If i can get it through customs, would you prefer cans or bottles? :cool:

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

it's all good. ;) ...so where are the other Carnadians?? i have'nt heard from Fast Elvis since Detroit Autorama.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I talked to Mark about 2 weeks ago. Very busy with work and life stuff right now. He was thinking about attending BilletProof but didn't want to take the chance of being turned away at the gate.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Gotta wonder about a Canuck named Petey!

6. springer

springer

We better hide the beer and the women. All the canadians I have ever met always drink everything in sight and steal all the women.

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

what the hell are you talking about? you've never even met any Canadians :rolleyes: and your afraid of women anyway so what do you care----oh wait! that's your brother :D ...

8. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Ok well let me know. I am not going to the Bar- B-Q this weekend because good ole' GM just dropped a bunch of work on us (work in R&D) and we all want the fourth off, so we are working some extra hours. Where about are you located? I will be heading down that way sometime next week hopefully after work (maybe Wednesday?) and I could possibly swing around....and see that famous convertable that does the wicked burnies.... oh and get the trans. If not we can work something else out. If you happen to come up this way. PM me for details, or reply here. Thanks...

Cant wait for the show. I checked into that hotel you mentioned and its like $75.00 a night. So hopefully its a NICE joint! Is the hotel right next to the bowling alley where the car show is? Thanks

9. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

$75 a night!! :eek: it's gotta be because it's a holiday weekend. next year we're gonna get some local hotels in on the show and get a better rate for show goers. but yes it is RIGHT next door. if your in a room on the west side of the building you could piss out the window and ALMOST hit the bowling alley :D ... never been inside one of their rooms but it's a pretty decent neighborhood. a mall and lots of shopping and such right in that hood. it's a pretty good area for cruisin too.

you better try PMing Denise. she might not look at this thread again.

thanks again...

10. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Looking forward to the show!

Should be the maiden voyage for the Tudor

Mike - i'll bring your 1/4's and Daves Headlight if you bring my windshield frame!!

Anyone from the Northern regions want to caravan? Swazzie, H-Bob anyone?

11. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

Pride weekend is the 25th and 26th. Some of the guys are gonna be pissed about having to drive to Lansing 2 weekends in a row. Next year lets try and work this all into one weekend.

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i don't even want to know how you know that Bruce!! :rolleyes:

you got that truck done yet??? howsabout posting some progress pics.

13. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

You didnt see that in the newsletter? :D The cab is ready to paint, just waiting for Ted to give me a call. Been working on the steering column and wheel the last couple of days. Russ is coming over next week and we'll finish the frame. Picked up the headliner kit, mounting wood and wiring system at the Indy GG show. The only major purchase left is the vintage air system. I dont know how to post pics, I need some schoolin.

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

for the love of--- ok, it's easy. there are prolly 236 different tech posts that have been done for maroons just like you :p ... when your making your thread (before or after you type your text) scroll down the screen. see where it says "attach files" witht he "manage attachments" box right under it??? click on that box. it will bring up 7 bowes that say "browse" hit that and find the pic you want on your computer, double click on it so it puts the pic title in the box. when you've got as many pics as you want (up to 7) in the different boxes hit "upload". after it has uploaded the pics (could take a minute depending on your conection speed) close that window. if your done putting in all your text then hit "submit reply" just as you normaly would when your done makin gyour post. then VIOLA!! your post will apear with your pics in thumbnail form right under your text. pretty nifty huh?!!!

15. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

You dont have to be mean! I figured it was just like posting pics on Ebay. Now if I just had some pics.

16. springer

springer

I have to met some canadians. Remember the roving bunch of drunken perverts at Cruise fest that had half the women there naked dancing on their truck. And there was another bunch of them at Battlecreek we beat in the tug-o-war, and they were a bunch of drunken perverts too. So we should all get along fine because all my friends are perverts and are some times drunk.

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

yes i do. it's part of my charm. :D :rolleyes:

18. Pinball

Pinball
    from lowell, mi

19. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Chris

You have a PM!!

20. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ill be there with the 32 if weather permits. :D I may also try to make angola indiana for the auto value sprint car show that evening so I dont know how long ill stay...
    Dave

21. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Depending on how fast you drive, Angola is only just over an hour away from here....I can make it there in an hour...but...I haul ass when I drive too....

:)

kris

22. Petey

Petey

Unfortunately I HAVE to attend a family gathering on sunday which means i will not be able to make it now. :mad:

23. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

What time for breakfast?

24. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

How about some directions coming in om 27 from the north.:eek:

25. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

US-127 S toward LANSING.

Take the exit toward GD RIVER AVE / M-43 / SAGINAW ST / MICH AVE (this will be the next exit after the Lake Lansing Road Exit.)

Stay STRAIGHT to go onto N HOMER ST

N HOMER ST becomes N HOWARD ST

Turn LEFT onto MI-43 E / E SAGINAW ST / I-69 BL E. Continue to follow MI-43 E / E SAGINAW ST. ( I believe the sign will ONLY say Saginaw)

Turn LEFT onto COOLIDGE RD.

Turn LEFT onto W SAGINAW ST / I-69 BL. Continue to follow I-69 BL W.

Basically what you are doing is just getting off the highway, going straight for like a "block", turning left, turning left again, then heading into the bowling alley - it's alot of 1 way streets.

26. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Here's a little map I stole from Mapquest, kinda detailing where you're going in blue.

The green box is where the hotel is (right next to Holiday lanes), and the pink is a gas station right in the middle between the two streets. The two streets running parallel to each other are both 1 way streets, with the gas station in the middle. Essentially they are taking you all the way to Coolidge JUST to turn around and come back the other way...feel free to cut through anywhere you see fit...but that's completely up to you. Be carefull if you feel the need to turn around in the Walgreens (might be rite aid) parking lot, because its bad for lowered vehicles...

Anyway, I hope this helps with the visual aid....if you have questions, pm me and I'll give you my cell phone number in case you get lost.

Kris

27. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

pic

Attached Files:

28. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

We'll be there at 9am setting stuff up I guess....
    so....sometime between then and noon?!?

Do you have Mikes cell phone number?

Kris

29. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

No, send it.