Register now to get rid of these ads!

roths warm beer flake paint can..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punchdrunk, Mar 15, 2012.

1. punchdrunk

punchdrunk
    from las vegas

i bought a can of roths warm beer flake paint from online, im wondering what would be a good basecoat for it and has anyone used the flake spray can? because im wondering if the flake paint is just flake and if i have to the buy the bascoat they sell, or can i just that use the flake spray paint into any basecoat and would it cover up a good amount of area

2. slammed

slammed

What is the color (base) that you are using? The Roth color? Big, medium, or fine 'flake?http://youtu.be/9RfrntfGnBg Here is a clip using this line of brand of aerosol 'flake. Also try using the 'Search' feature and read up more information.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. 53210

BANNED
    from canada

4. punchdrunk

punchdrunk
    from las vegas

the base on it no its a blue i had painted my dash blue before so i scuffed the paint with 400 grit paper and sprayed just a little and doesnt see cover much.

5. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

I used warm beer flake on top of HOK solar gold on my shovelhead. Let me find a current pic

6. punchdrunk

punchdrunk
    from las vegas

so i should use a gold base coat than right?

7. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Depends what look your going for. The final coat of gold I put some flake in and it wasnt enough so I mixed some in the clear and was happy with the way it turned out. This is on a tiny peanut tank and fender so I didn't have a large space to cover. Do you want to see the base color or just see flake? I wanted gold with noticeable flake in it but still able to see the solar gold underneath. My 55 ford is solar gold basecoat so that will give you an idea of the color I'm talking about.

8. punchdrunk

punchdrunk
    from las vegas

yea lets see the pic it a help and have a better idea of it

9. JGore99

JGore99

I'm interested in this as well. Thinking about using the warm beer flake as an accent color on my OT motorcycle.

10. punchdrunk

punchdrunk
    from las vegas

i thought the paint was already mixed in with the flakes but looks like the can just has like clear and flakes in it or something else? i think ill have to use like i different basecoat to see the gold flakes like red or idk, im wondering if anyone can give me some ideas ive painted my engine metallic gold and painted the side cover white and valve cover, what color would match the in the interior trim and dash if the engine is gold would it look weird like maybe using a green or any other color

11. punchdrunk

punchdrunk
    from las vegas

heres a trim piece i somewhat painted different colors to see which looks best you can hardley see the flake on the gold, so looking fo a color the would match up good

Attached Files:

• 56.jpg
      56.jpg
      File size:
      43.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Dirty54

Dirty54

they also have a warm beer base as well as the flake its in the rattle can section