Register now to get rid of these ads!

Job Opportunity, opportunity of life time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PavementPolisher, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Air Lift Company is looking to hire someone who is familiar with all aspects of "older" vehicle suspension... hot rods, classics, kustoms, traditional you name it... Prior air suspension knowledge is not a must. I can teach that!

The person should have some sales background and most importantly be a team player....Should be able to wear "office" clothes one day and work in the shop the next... Has enough business sense to run this program like their own and should able to hit the ground running..

No huge egos please.. I have my own to deal with...

Position would be based out of our manufacturing facility which is located in Lansing, MI. I would prefer to find a local Michigan guy or gal but might look at re-locating someone if they fit the mold perfectly..

So if you like getting paid to attend shows, rub noses with industry leaders, and are mechanically inclined enough to help on the design of new applications and want to get paid doing something you love, maybe this is the perfect job for you??

Pay will depend on qualifications......

If you interested please drop me a line at [email protected] or give me a call at the office.. 1-800-248-0892 ext.249

Thanks.. Aaron

2. Aaron,
    I sure wish this had come around 20 years ago. I'm afraid my old legs won't hold up to days of production work these days.

But this is a good opportunity for one of these younger guys and there are a lot of younger guys on here that have ammased a good bit of knowledge.

Luck in your search friend.

3. RacerRick

RacerRick

I would absolutely love to do this job. You are right about it being a dream job for a large number of guys on here! I was very impressed with the products coming out using similar technology to air lifts main product lines, and I really liked the EasyStreet setup. I was looking at it for my 66' Pontiac vert'.

I have always wondered if it is possible to get a spring rate that was close to linear without having a large air resevoir. As the bag compresses, the spring rate would increase in a parabolic curve, would it not?

But alas, I am assuming that you would need a mechanical engineer instead of someone with a computer science degree. I am also assuming that you would be looking for someone who is actually located in the US instead of canada.

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

this would be a cool job to have. Too bad mine pays so well.

5. Older guy come on.... Any age can handle this job.. :)

I am sitting here in an office with the AC kicking.. 70 and it is 90 outside.. There is NO production work involved with this job.. Just looking for someone who is good at BSn with people and can actually sell some product...

6. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

You forgot the part about having to give you a ride to work every day, LOL!

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

If this was in MN I would definitely check into this, whats Fat Hack doing now?

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah the Hack could do this... he could write you some sweet literature. Draw you some pics, and sell some parts... HACK HACK HACK.....

9. Contact the "HACK"...!

He can make a purse from a Sows ear and sell it back to the farmer...!!!!:D

10. I will leave all the "other" tasks till the interview.... I know OGNC wants the job..being some big shot magazine guy is sooo over rated... :)

Aaron

11. I sent you an e-mail on this. I am a Prototype Technician.:cool:

12. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

I should apply for this but I'm too damn cozy over here. A guy named Sean tried to get me working there years ago. I think he went to work for godfather customs. I used to pick up my parts and shoot the shit with him for hours...I think the place was on snow road or somwhere around there. Looks like a neat job opp!

13. This job will be 80% in the office, 10% in the shop helping the Engineering department with design, and 10% on the road going to shows and visting customers.

Like I have told a few others interested, look at it from the standpoing that YOU were developing your own line of Air Suspension for this market...

Most of the things you would have to do in your "own business" you are going to have to do here.. Sales/Promotion/Marketing/PR/Development/ etc. etc. Everything except the head aches of owning your own business and having to worry about making payroll.. :)

Air Lift as a company is great place to work, we have been around over 50 years and plan to be here for another 50... I myself moved to Michigan from Washington State and I don't regret a minute a of it..

Let me know what other questions anyone has or just contact me direct...
    1-800-248-0892 ext.249

Thanks again for all the great feedback..

14. Temptation :eek:
    Develope your own line of suspension parts and with Air/Lift to boot.

Back to the top for ya friend.

15. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Hmmm, how about a branch office in the Southeast? I'd be there with my hat in my hand if the opening was anywhere close. I SO want to get out of the computer field, 20+ years of fighting with hardware compatibility problems,payroll,taxes, i'm over it, and you can't even drive them when you get them fixed.

And I just finished my house and shop. stinks...

16. Looks like its time to start a new one. At least that's what I do when I finish a car:D

17. No southern offices sorry.. IF we were going to have a branch office it would be ME with a house in Florida for the winter and a house here for the summer :)

Oh to have the snow bird life..

That would be the perfect situation though..

18. That would be a perfect job for me ,Cause "think I know a lot":D.....but I saw your avitar and it reminded me of the recent milder Missouri winters....[Comparitively]:) ,sounds like a great oppotunity!Good luck.

19. Well when you grow up with the mild westcoast winters... Michigan winters are brutal.. :) I am getting used to them now.... I just hybernate in the garage! Aaron

20. Petey

Petey