Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 Lincoln Nebraska swap meet photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Mar 4, 2012.

1. sololobo

sololobo

Pov, great pix man, I couldn't get a day pass to go, damn, just because I didn't clean my room---grounded!! Dinner with Jess and Derek, cool, really nice kiddos. I would have wanted the 58 Ford hardtop and the t---y pink Rambler wagon, the Rambler was priced right. Hope you had a safe trip home. your Amigo, ~sololobo~

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks fun!!!!

3. Looks like lots of good stuff!

4. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT EVERYTHING IN THIS PICTURE !!!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Thanks for posting the pictures, hope to see you in April at the drags.

6. Thanks for taking the time to share. Looks sooooo much better than an Australia swap.

7. From all appearances this year's edition of the Eastern Nebraska-Western Iowa Car Council's Rocky Manginelli Memorial Swap Meet had a banner turnout of both spectators and vendors. Won't know the final totals of vendors or food/cash donations for the Food Bank of Lincoln until the Car Council has its monthly meeting in a few weeks in Lincoln. People were buying and vendors were more than willing to deal - got many items for less than what seller was asking and a real good deal on an OT quarter for my newer ElCamino, but really was happy about finding a locking NOS gas cap for my '40 and an original grille guard that needs some work/replating. Now if I could get the rest of the parts I need for my Tudor and the '55 Vicky...Wahoo in early April?

8. A Boner

A Boner

Thanks for the pic's...how much was the greenish 33 pu cab? Swap meet Cindy looks like a million bucks too. See you in less than 2 months???.....at Jefferson.

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

it was a 34 and i was interested so i asked , it was available for the low price of 4,000 dollars :eek:

10. gatz

gatz

gotta say that was one of the best swap meets I've ever attended.

The 36 4-dr Chevy looked great; get in and drive !

11. popman

popman
    from omaha,ne

I agree with you, was a great way to spend the day with my sons and long time friends!

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The 58 wasn`t for sale but I`m sure alot of people asked. This was the 39th annual and the 3rd year at this location. The events book seems to be packed with alot of shows and cruises this year, handed out free every year. I`m thinkin 7000 issues and maybe more. Correct me if I`m wrong on the numbers. Check out the web site, www.enwicc.com for complete listings. Haven`t checked to see if it`s up and running yet. If your local club hasn`t joined yet, please do. Eastern Nebraska Western Iowa Car Council. Good seeing you again Paul.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes, she does! and alot of fun too!
    Sadly, I am not coming to jefferson this year but will be at Iola in July.

14. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

I wish we had something that nice this time of year near MD!

15. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

It be a long hitch hike home but you could hop along with me. I'll be in the flats the week before.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good to see ya, Paul -- thanks for the photos!

Malcolm

17. Wish we would have set-up there instead of the Sioux City swapmeet on Saturday! But then on a personal note I think I came out money ahead by not going!

18. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Hey Paul,
    Not to point out the obvious, but that red N that you're holding in the picture, is actually a red Z. You're holding it wrong. Heheheh Guess you WILL buy anything. Good to see GrouchySS at the gate bright and early. Also stanlow69, Yutan Flash, Olskool31coupe, 1950-mercury, and many others came by my very dusty vendor spot.

First year for me vending here. Didn't really apprciate having to collect sales tax. Think I'll save my stuff for Salina next year.

19. Butch M

Butch M

Great pic's Paul it was good to see ya the other day...

20. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I miss going to that swap. seems it was always the coldest day of the year...

21. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

[​IMG]
    Paul I see why Lawrence is your favorite brother inlaw he does all the work while you pose for pictures.

22. BCR

BCR

Now that I think about it, the only work I have seen him do was working over a delicious piece of homemade pie I made him one day.:rolleyes:

Well, it didn't kill him anyways!

23. Seepwater

Seepwater

You know what the 'N' stands for on their helmets? Knowledge!

24. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

--photoshop of the day--
    courtesy of my pal "paperdog" in Minnesota

Attached Files:

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

here is a photo of me and the very pretty Jessica (Jess on the Hamb) of Speedway Motors fame at supper.....

Attached Files:

26. Great thread again!!!!! Thanks for taking pics and posting them.

27. Master of None

Master of None

What? and no pie pictures?

28. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

I was there... Snagged a really crappy model a sedan door for $5 but the hinges where good... Drug that thing all over the swap meet... What a pain! :lol:

Also grabbed a set of moons for $25

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I know..even though I make sure my visitors get pie and homemade food when they come here, there was no love for me in Lincoln....:(
    EXCEPT for the supper invite from Jessica and Derek which I enjoyed.
    However I did have some great peanut butter pie last night here at the Flats.....yum

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012