Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have a picture of a 49-52 Chevy with these skirts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Jun 23, 2011.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Looking at buying these skirts from Night Prowlers, would like see them on a car first though. Anyone have anything? I have had no luck searching. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. fat141

fat141

[​IMG]

There ya go. Look good/good value
    Rod

3. 73super

73super

4. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I think that Butch's Hot Rod Shop used to sell those that were made to fit the 49/52 Chebbies, he is back in business now as Butch's cool stuff. Maybe he has them again.

B:)B

5. GREASER815

GREASER815

THANK YOU! I love them, you never know until you see them on a car. Didn't want to order and regret it.

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

BTW, those are Mercury Skirts, I beleive for a 51 but they work on 49/50 also. A lot of guy's modifiy them to fit flush with the fender and they look even better.

B:)B

7. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

A few years ago I bought these from Night Prowlers.....a decent fit, but somewhat mickey mouse mounting setup...I revised a bit and they were fine. Also fit is not perfect, but very acceptable...
    Good luck,
    Cheers...........

Attached Files:

8. stacks1938

stacks1938

How about these "mini" cruiser skirts I put on my 51 Pontiac....

Attached Files:

9. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

Yes, I used to make this skirt when I had Butch's Rod Shop. It was actually a '51 Merc Skirt with hardware to fit on the 49/54 Chevy car. They look GREAT!
    I am now back as Butch's Cool Stuff, but we haven't started making our skirt line again (yet). If Night Prowlers have them, get'em there!! Thanks, Butch

10. GREASER815

GREASER815

What was wrong with the mounting setup? I have a super clean, rust free 50, not into cutting on it. What will I need to modify to get em mounted well? Any other full coverage skirts out there. I have a set of stock skirts as well as another set of bubble cruiser skirts I had for my old Ford, I guess those can go now...and I can order some of these.

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

The pivot/bracket that goes up into the fender that is on the top center of the skirt was fine.
    The front and back mounts are (or were on mine) a heavy wire with a 90* bend on one end, and attached to the skirt by a bolt that is glassed into it. Where it attaches to the bolt, the wire is bent into a circle, and is kind of mickey mouse to me.....as they are difficult to keep straight and in line with that set up...
    I wound up welding a pair of small washers on each inside of the fenders to hold these in place better. Made it more difficult to get on and off, but made me feel better, and definitely was more solid.
    Now remember, this is JMHO...:cool:
    Cheers.......
    Bob

12. GREASER815

GREASER815

So, are these the best look.....or some good fitting stockers?

13. Those look great!
    What is that rear bumper? Is that a later chevy front bumper?

14. GREASER815

GREASER815

Anyonr have anymore pictures of them? Any other outside mount skirts work well on these cars? Looking to buy some, don't want to go wrong....

15. GREASER815

GREASER815

Where is the best place to buy some skirts, any one place better than the others?

16. fat141

fat141

1953 Pontiac turned upside down and the tail lights lowered to the bar.
    Thank you for liking my car. (ex-more door)
    Rod

17. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

Just wondering how these mount to the body??

18. GREASER815

GREASER815

I am curious how they mount also....anyone?