Register now to get rid of these ads!

chrome reversed vs stock wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56boracho, Mar 1, 2012.

1. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

Looking for some opinions I have set of chrome reversed rims I was planning on using with spider caps or center bullet pinner white walls, or use stock wheels with white walls
    And some cool hub caps I have the stock wheels and white walls to just no hub caps would have to look for some which would be better fit for a 1956 Chevy any inputs?

2. shocker998md

shocker998md

reversed all the way!!! Have a huge dish in the back and narrow up front. I love a chrome reversed wheel out back.

3. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

im with shocker

4. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

For the chrome reversed rims whats a decent tire size for a 56 Chevy I have it lowered 2 inches all around on 14 inch rims and like the stance now im hoping the tire size and 15 inch rims wont make it look lifted higher

5. shocker998md

shocker998md

cant help you with tire size, but if your looking at radial tires, play with the second number, as in 215/60/15 if you lower the 60 the tire will be not as tall.

Theres a thread right now going around something like big and littles on tri 5 chevys, poke around in that for tire size and see what you see and if you like anything.

6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

7. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I think whatever you decide to do will look great, seeing how its a 56. The chrome reverse would look good with some kind of 60's style centercap, but almost any hubcap would look equally nice with a whitewall. I've ran all kinds of spinner type caps on mine, but I have yet to re-install any of them since I repainted my wheels and put the stock dog-dish caps on.
    I'm running the stock 15" wheels, 2 coils cut up front and 3" blocks in the rear.

Attached Files:

8. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

that littles and big thread help out i kind have an idea now what tire size, where can i find some cool 60s looking center caps for chrome reversed rims besides the baby moon or spider caps i was gonna use spider caps at first but trying to see if their anything different any idea what website might have some center caps

9. RyanPartridge

RyanPartridge

How much dish is added when a stock OE wheel is reversed?

Anyone have a photo example handy that show a comparison between a chrome OE wheel vs reversed chrome wheel?