Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins Of Steel Saturday June 2nd 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Feb 29, 2012.

1. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

'burnt gizzard'(straight)....:D I'll be using that one Earl (hope you don't mind).

We also have Bluesberry, Wrath of Grape, Strawgberry, Hunch Punched, Cobo Corn, the above mentioned Burnt Gizzard, Apple Pie, & Lightning Cherries.

Get your orders in early.... :cool:

2. Ummmm those cherries were awesome, but boy they can sneak up on ya. The Poor Boys get a early start at SOS. Do they make something that goes good with Biscuits and Gravy???

3. After attending the show since it's first year (was it 2004? I can't remember...) as a spectator, I'll finally be attending as a contestant for the first time. I don't expect to win a damn thing, but I'm just happy to finally have a car (that actually drives) that'll allow me to participate.

4. God willin an the creek don't rise the Hammer will also roll out for SOS.......

5. Not at all....it could become the industry standard. :)
    I don't recommend peach, though---after consumption....you can talk, but ya can't walk. But I'll broker up some anyway.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Mmmmm.....quart of Apple Pie.

7. Yep 2004 is when Kirk and the Detroit Poor Boys brought a traditional Hot Rod and Kustom show to Detroit. We started Sins of Steel in 2010 to continue what we started. It's hard to believe next year will be 10 years !, man time flys by. Hope to see you and your ride roll through the gates, nothing better than rolling through the gates in a car versus walking through as a spectator!

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Shine Bloody Mary's..... Gotta wear your "Big Boy Pants" to pony up one of those babies with breakfast, but I know ya'll can handle it.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My favorite Davisburg memory:
    June, 2005. I just pulled onto the dirt lot in my stroker Merc powered bucket. Clobbered the gas and spun a few good donuts with my wife clobbering me at the same time.

Bob Bleed walks up afterward and says "Looks like the Flathead is runnin' pretty good, huh?"

Ruler complimenting me and my hotrod....priceless.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  10. Cool story Pete. Can you believe 9 years has gone by??? You gonna have something on the road this year?

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

awesome!!!!

12. derbydad276

derbydad276

for a "detroit show" how the hell did you wind up in BFE davisburgh?
    will there be special parking for those of us with rides that arent in the age group( and get no love) but dont wanna be parked next to the family truckster in general parking?

13. First of all how many "Detroit" shows are there and would you attend?? I am sure many folks would shy away from a show " in da hood ". If you are worried about parking your not quite there car in general parking out there in Davisburg I doubt you would feel comfortable walking away from it parked at 6 mile and John R. About as close as you get around here is the Hamtrmack Hustle, and that show always has a few "locals" milling about ( can make it kind of interesting ). Most of the guys in the host clubs live out that way, the place is cost effective, it's kind of "out there" so we can have fun without worrying about neighbors, noise complaints, etc.. it's a little rough around the edges ( like some of the cars and folks ha-ha ), as for special parking the short answer is no. If it doesn't fit within the shows guidlines it doesn't get in, that simple. Not trying to be a hardass, but there are tons of shows for "those" cars all summer long around Detroit. If you are worried about your non age qualifiying ride in general parking bring the family truckster, and load it up with folks that want to have a shit ton of fun!!!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  14. Woody94

Woody94
    from Holly, MI

I cannot wait for this show!! I have attended most of the Davisburg shows as a spectator, and after a long wait, this date is boldly marked on my calander as the day I drive my own ride into the show:D:D:D (mind you its not gonna be pretty, but road worthy)

So, thanks for keeping this thing going for all those years! I have never had anything but a good time, seen some killer cars, heard great tunes, and met some damn nice people!

15. I am thinking we need a "virgin" rides section this year for all the new ones rolling through the gates. Hell Yeah Bring It!!!

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well then you'll be a believer. It already runs and drives...so there! Heh:cool:

17. So does that mean there will be a Denise sighting this year? I don't think I have seen the Lavender Olds at Sins of Steel. I am sure you remember how to get there. You should make a point of coming out.

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

She's been to Billetproof but I don't think Sins.....

19. You are correct Pete. I seem to remember her smoking the hides one year in the burnout contest too.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I do have plans to come out this year as long as there is no drama on the HAMB regarding Sins and Billetproof. I am not going to bring Big Olds though as I have something new that will haul both my mini-bike and go-cart so thats what I am bringing.

You are correct, I've been to all the BilletProof events out there but no Sins.

Actually two years in a row....in 2004 when Big Olds was in grey primer and the following year when he was freshly painted. The tires that I used both those times are currently my coffee table in my living room. Thats about all they were good for after I finished. Thanks Rudy! :D

21. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I'll be there again:)

22. No drama here! We just choose to do our own thing and have moved on, simple as that. So is there any hints as to what this new tow rig might be? is it a vehicle that will be included in the show? Habe you joined the Pick Up truck brigade? Wagon maybe? You planning to race the mini and go kart? Do you have good insurance?

23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ok.....quart ea of kiwi, peach and burnt gizzard, please....yeah.

24. Hey all of ya's bringing minis or thinking of bringing minis, like last year there will be no riding around the fair grounds other than on the track. I know it was fun while it lasted !!!! Sorry Kids. We now return you to your regulalry scheduled programing

25. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Not to highjack this thread, but a few posts up made me think that we need to try and do a cruise night downtown. Even a breakfast run to GrandTrunk would be cool. Being downtown with the camera and the cars would be boss.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

26. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I hope to make it back this year as a vendor again and as a minibike racer. Had a blast last year. Good show and support!!

27. We are trying to put together a pre-party of some sort. Maybe a bowling alley cruise night with a band and dj. We are open to suggestions PM me with ideas. I do like the way you are thinking!!

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, full coverage on me! :D

Just FYI, I'm having a pig roast at my place the nite before. We'll be closing my street to regular cars. The Friday before Sins was choosen specificly because I've got pals coming into town for both this event and Power Tour. Everyone is invited. :cool:

Also, like in years past there is a group of us that will be cruising Woodward Ave on Saturday night after the event

29. So Denise you said no hints, how about a Mfr? will it fit in a 2 car garage? is it a running driving vehicle or something being put together, how many passengers can ride ? did you need to build a bigger garage? did you win the lotto?

30. jdubbya

jdubbya

I will be there, and be able to stay for the whole thing... no graduation to attend this year. I will bring some back woods spirits made here locally in Mid-Michigan... It sure will make your ears sweat. Looking forward to it for sure.