Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stromber carb fuel inlet repair????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 28, 2012.

1. I have a 97 that someone has tapped the fuel inlet hole to the next biggest size...I assume it was stripped and they were going to heli-coil it, but found out after tapping it that Stromberg fuel inlets are a goofy thread. I would like to repair it, carb is beautiful otherwise- does anyone know of an insert to fix this??

2. alchemy

alchemy

Send it to Uncle Max.

3. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Definitely send it to Uncle Max and see what he says. I sent him four of mine and one had the fuel inlets messed up so he made me a deal on a body that he had. The strombergs use a special inlet fitting which has a special degree taper I think which is why so many people have issues with them leaking there. If done properly with the right fitting they should seal up perfect there.....mine do after being given the Uncle Max Treament!

Uncle Max is the shit!

5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

OK, do what you want to, just make sure nobody suggests JB Weld or there's gonna be a fight!

6. Thanks guys! I'll check the size it is now, and may also get ahold of Uncle Max!!!!!

7. Sent one to Max............... Better than new......

8. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Depending on what size the threads are, there are oversized needle and seats for it..
    Duane.
    The Hot Rod Company sell a insert..