Register now to get rid of these ads!

blinker problem/hazzard problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mixmaster-meat-wad, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

Hey guys, so im done wiring up my truck but i have a problem, No blinker on the right side. The other thing is when i use my hazzard button only my front blinkers will flash. Im not really worried about the hazzard button as much as i want my blinkers to work on both sides. When i hit the switch it all feels the same, when i use the left turn signal i can hear the flasher relay working but when i use the right turn signal it feels the same but no worky worky. Any idea as to how to diagnose the problem?

2. spooky30a

spooky30a

backwards ground the that side ?? or to the bulbs?

3. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

Im leaning more towards a bad turn signal switch in my column causing the blinkers to fail atleast.

4. A Rodder

A Rodder

The power goes up the column from your stop light switch. Assuming its a GM column, most of the time it'll be a white wire.

Then it goes into the turn signal switch and comes out as, usually a yellow wire for left turn/ brake and a green wire for right turn/brake.

Very easy to test with a light. Find your stop light signal going up, you already know this works very well but it'll confirm your grounded good with your testlight. Then put on left turn and find the wire. Once you find it turn the blinker off and hit the brake. This will confirm youre on the rear wire. Then put it on the green wire and check it.

Does the right brake light work?

5. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

I ended up screwing around with it more. Its the turn signal switch aka multi function switch. both tail lights and break lights work in the rear, the blinkers on the left side work, and when i hit the hazzards only the front come on but both front. i had a few beers and played with it a while and when i kinda have the twitch to engage the right blinkers they come on for a second.

I guess thats the price of free right?

6. A Rodder

A Rodder

My hunch is certainly the switch.

7. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

Just changed the switch. Its all gravy now. What a pain in the ass. I thought my wiring was messed. Thanks A Rodder.

8. A Rodder

A Rodder

Swing by anytime!