Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 70's HOT RODS @ Capwells in Fremont.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ratfink, Nov 5, 2009.

1. MARTINSR

MARTINSR

I remember going to the NSRA Nationals in 82? In Merced I think and this car was there. It was the first time they were letting in some later cars, a couple of customs like this. I REALLY dug that car.
    [​IMG]

Another car that sticks out in my mind at that run was a Model A hot rod pulled out of a barn or something that had leather straps holding the hood down. There was a 3 Window Duece that was chopped about eight inches, windshield was about three and a half inches tall in the center. It was red and full fendered.

Brian

2. bobs36hotrod

bobs36hotrod

WOW, I used to be a member of NOR CAL EARLY IRONS I was one of the charter members. I just came across these very early pictures. There is a quick shot of my 23 T Roadster Pickup WOW
    [email protected]
    BOB

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Willy Bob!! You're on here now?!! Its Marcus man!! Welcome!

4. MARTINSR

MARTINSR

I remember you as well Bob, and at McDonalds on Friday night too. How you doing?

Brian

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

Mc Donalds cruise nights..oh man..I was there all the time.Ed Oliviera was the DJ.What was the name of the host club that put that on? I wanna say Nifties Fifties or something like that.I remember when a certain Yellow Willys nailed it on the overpass and went into the guard rail leaving Mc Donalds one night..hehe..many years ago..

6. 34

Whoa! The '31 sedan delivery towing the T speedster is the very car I was brought home from the hospital in, and last year I brought my little girl home in it too! I don't mean to bring up an old thread but I just stumbled across this.

I remember a lot of these cars, especially Bruce Olson's hemi coupe; it's a hard car to forget.

IMG_0811.jpg
    dadndelivery.jpg
    inside delivery.jpg

Does anyone remember this '34?
    34.jpg
    There is a picture with my parents in it in the book about the history of the Goodguys, but I'd love to see more pictures of it from back in the day.

HEMI32 likes this.
  7. @34 -

I sure do! :D ... In the '70s, I rode with your parents to several 'Rod Runs' in it ('cuz our family of 5 could no longer fit in our coupe).

I have fond memories of hanging out in your dad's shop while he was building the '31 Delivery!

I also remember baby sitting you! (dang ... now I feel real old! :eek:)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018