Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodders Journal 54

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Feb 25, 2012.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just got it. Another great issue, just keeps getting better! Really liked the article on the Spindizzies.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Spindizzies article rocks! So-Cal streamliner, The Berdoo '32, NTAPHASE's Kiaser.... All good stuff! Got mine Monday at So-Cal Phoenix.

3. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Got mine today, the 5W coupe on the back cover is awesome. The post office tries to destroy mine every time, but the protective sleeve does a pretty good job of saving it.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Have to go hunt one down. Man, I need to renew my subscription.

5. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Us east coast guys will probably have to wait another 2 weeks !!!! :mad::mad::mad:

6. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

At least, maybe closer to 4 weeks.

7. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Hang in there. It's worth the wait. Looking at your avatar, I think you'll really like the article on the Alan Johnson '32 coupes. 24 pages of 3W and 5W perfection.

8. Saw the new one laying on the floor of cobo hall[beside the streamliner]Shold get mine in a month or so.

9. Received my copy on Friday. As usual, no disappointments.

10. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm on the east coast and got mine yesterday. The 5 window and 3 window are just beautiful.

11. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

mailman dropped mine of friday here in NJ,

12. Von Brandt

Von Brandt

Mail must be slow to Taxas, maby
    Monday.

13. Got mine Friday. Our rural route carrier put it on my front porch. She is a sweetie.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, I need to subscribe, Now that Borders closed here locally it's a 70 mile drive to the closest place that has it.

15. still haven't got my subscription copy, bought a news stand issue at Earl Bird last weekend...

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Love the 'Liner. Dig the Johnson Coupes. Spindizzies rock. My favorite? The story before the So Cal Liner was even 'built'.....60 yrs before. I'm glad I know Dan. Ive learned so much.

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I think the issues are getting worse......may even cancel my sub....but as long as they continue with the early drag racing stuff I'm in...
    Surely there are guys building TRJ quality cars OTHER than '32's...:rolleyes:
    Just like HOTROD just HAS to have a Camaro in every issue....haha

18. steveb

steveb

Yes, enough already with the 32's. So boring.

19. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Great photo of the old Santa Ana dragstrip at the blimp base .

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

so tell me all you subscription guys... do you end up with damaged issues? thinking of maybe subscribing.

I used to just get mine at Borders Books... now they are gone out of business.

21. Master of None

Master of None

I've got a subscription and haven't had a damaged issue yet.

22. Ditto ! but I buy the second cover off the news stand..:D

23. RJ is the BEST!
    Seen that 40 PU at the GNRS......the NICEST I've ever seen!!!

24. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Great article on the pickup, the amazing part was the owner had no experience with cars, prior to the building of that truck. He learned a few lessons along the way, made some really good decisions, she is a beauty. I have a 40, need to find the time to get started on it.

25. ...subscribed from the start, all issues in excellent condition; you almost feel like wearin white cotton gloves to look thru em!

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Boy, I have to second the like of that little truck! Too pretty!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I stopped subscribing years ago after doing so for the first ten years. I never had a damaged copy in all of those years. Other than the less than timely delivery thing, (which drives me nuts!) if I explained my reasons for dropping my sub you guys would think I am a total nut-ball! Suffice to say, when So-Cal Phoenix started carrying it, I started buying it there and have never and will never miss an issue.

Used to be that there was always a Barnes and Noble damn near across the street from every Borders book store, and they always carry it too. In fact, I have always found Barnes and Noble to have a much better selection of automotive and motorcycle magazines than Borders ever did. Borders alway seemed to let the managers have too much say in the ordering and stocking of magazines... Ours at the very end in uptown Phoenix had all sorts of magazines on Hybrids, new fuel efficiant cars and nothing on vintage stuff. I was very proudly told by the store manager that that was how it was supposed to be, and that promoting the wasting of fuels on "hobby" vehicles was not going to be promoted in "her" store. Corporate was less than thrilled! Hope she is still unemployed.

28. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

x2 on the cotton gloves! LOL. The Rodders Journal can't be blamed for any issue damage. They put each issue in a plastic sleeve and a sturdy cardboard mailer. I have received some issues with dented corners,but that was due to the way the U.S. Postal service handles them. They obviously don't give a rat's ass on how they arrive. [​IMG]Check the scuff marks and corner's on my mailer I just received. The USPS sucks.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I disagree that RJ is not responsible for any damage. no way in hell I'd ship a 15.00 "magazine" in a flat mailer. Rodders Journal desrves a box.

30. Muttley

Muttley

Thats exactly why I dont subscribe^^^^