Register now to get rid of these ads!

3X Holley Carb's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cjb40, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cjb40

cjb40

I had a guy come by today with 7 holley 94 models; 1-59A, 2-8BA's, 1-91-99, 2-ECG's and 1-not marked. He wants me to rebuild and match 3 of them so he could set them up on an EdelBrock manifold. Then install the setup in his 1966 Plymouth Belvidere 318 engine. Is this a doable thing to do? I thought the 94's in this kind of setup was really more suited to a Ford flathead. I have read when you do this on a flathead you need to change the pwr valves to a #4.5, downsize the main jets and make the carb's exactly the same. But I need input from you experienced guys who have built these setups that can give me advise/suggestions if they'll work on his engine.
    Also, would it be practical to match the carb that has no markings with the 2-8BA's? Please help. Thanks

2. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

i would run the 59, the 91-99, and one 8ba. they are pretty much the same except for some internals. i don't see any problem running them on a 318 engine, they will put out about the same as a smaller 4bbl. but look way cooler. jmho.

3. My thought would be to run a larger/better condition of the 94 carbs in the center & the 2-ECG's on the ends and set them up with progressive linkage.

Movin/on

4. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Yep... more cfm

5. cjb40

cjb40

Thanks! What would I do about the spark valves on the ECG's? Remove and plug up the holes? Not sure I understand using a larger carb in the center. Are you referring to a larger venturi...like 1 or 1-1/4 inch?

6. cjb40

cjb40

Thanks. From some input I've gotten, the ctr carb would be the only one using a pwr valve. And it should be a 6.5 or 7.5. Do you have an opinion about this? I'm just trying to gather up as much info as I can, so anything you can add, I would really appreciate.