Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tail light suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dan34, Oct 7, 2006.

1. dan34

dan34
    from Norway

Hello,

I'm fixing up my Terraplane and need to put on a second tail-light (with indicators) according to norwegian regulations.

Any suggestions for available lights. I'd rather it be aftermarket that I can order from a webshop. if it's some old rare original thing it will probably be hard to find here in norway

This is the car: [​IMG]

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I would order 2 reproduction 39 Chevy tail lights and mount them just below the beltline. Not real original thinking but nice looking, cheap and easy.

3. loogy

loogy

'37 Ford taillights would seem to be a natural for the lines of that car. I'd mount them down low on the fenders just like the original light. You can get them from Bob Drake.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. loogy

loogy

'36 Ford taillights would look a lot like the original lights. If you use these lights, I would suggest shortening the housing by a bit to make it look better.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. im sorry this is not a tail light response, but i think that is the best looking car ever built, damn those lines, sexy! god thats beautiful. exactly what model is it?

6. Gerg

Gerg

I agree sorry this isn't going to help you on the tail lights but i love the car

7. dan34

dan34
    from Norway

Thanks guys, I didn't know about Bob Drake. Will have to order a catalog there right away!

Good idea on the second original as well, it's worth a shot!

I fell inlove with the car as soon as I first saw it. Just had to have it. It's a 1934 (Hudson) Terraplane 2dr coach

8. NorwegianV8

NorwegianV8
    from Sem City

Hi 'rama'DAN i can get you any reproduction light you want
    Right here in your own neighbourhood.......

9. gofast34

gofast34

I have 1934 35 Terraplane tail light mounts available both L & R

10. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch
    from Easley SC

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Some guys go dredging...some guys find gold...other guys simply drag up something that interests them and don't bother to look at the "last date posted" thread. This one isn't bad, I've seen older...!!!

Think he got the taillights on the Terraplane or is it still sitting in the corner of his garage...???

R-

12. super-six

super-six

The Terraplane is probably gone. The original poster hasn't posted in 4 1/2 years!