Register now to get rid of these ads!

aussies, ballarat swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzybear, Feb 17, 2012.

1. glad to know it's back on this year so who's gonna be there? i'll be tryin'to sell some pinstriping on sunday and maybe later in the day saturday once i've spent all my money:rolleyes:. site number 323, right near the runway. drop by and say g'day if you get a moment.

2. Wardog

Wardog

I'll be calling past ballarat on my way to the Great Ocean road for a birthday but will be broke from the stop off at the Newstead swap!

3. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

i'll be there, setting up friday morning,will have some 33/34 and
    other early ford gear for sale.Can't wait, best weekend of the year.

4. wow i didn't even know there was gonna be one on at newstead, i just looked at their website. be interesting to know how well it goes

5. Counting down the days! :)

6. wanabe28

wanabe28

site 1193-1195, car hoists (3800kg lift 2 post single phase. $1980.00), tools, welders and compressors, just look for the two post car hoist mounted on a trailer. see you all there. Anybody else interested in car hoist drop a PM.

7. i got a mate that's looking for a hoist, i'll drop by and see you next weekend

8. wanabe28

wanabe28

im delivering one down to warrnambool and Portland this week. I'll look after him, an unofficial h.a.m.b discount, if that's allowed.

9. Gonna try to get there early AM Sat Thommo....

10. whats your site number thommo?

11. smokin41

smokin41
    from Australia

Newstead swap meet run by hot rodders for hot rodders !!!

12. HA yeah. Most of us dont care for standing around dinking piss, we actually go to swaps to get parts :)

I thought Ryan was a rat rodder anyway!

13. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I'll be at Ballarat on Saturday and then Newstead on Sunday. From what I have heard both will be good swaps. As for the drink well you only have it when you have stopped looking for parts.

I think it is sad both events are on at the same time but then Ballarat City council are to blame as they created that mess and with the ring road works as planned who knows what the future will be for Ballarat swap

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Any one planning a meet an greet for HAMBers at Ballarat or Newstead ?

15. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

Newstead for me, vowed never to return to the summer Ballarat swap, a-holes lost me 4 years ago. Drove 8 hours in my Roadster only to charged $ 45.00 a day to get in and park an interesting car on the airstrip, asked for my money back then told them to jam it up their arse and drove home. 900 mile round trip.

16. sounds like a good idea i'd like to put a face to all these goofy names;)

17. You sure showed them huh?!:D

FWIW, it's not the same crew running Ballarat now.

18. I'm there at indoor site 5029. New and vintage hotrod speed parts, bubble visors, solo seats, hinges and springs, chopper tanks and fuel caps, hotrod, kustom and motorcycle magazines, DVDs & books.

With 2300 sites sold out, this year should rock like no other!

19. wanabe28

wanabe28

Rotary clubs of ballarat taking guidence from the rotary clubs of bendigo. I wonder if friday trade is banned like bendigo.

20. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Best make a time and place. I will be at Ballarat Saturday and then Newstead on Sunday.

Will be interesting to see just how it goes with all the changes. Now back to a Sat & Sun swap.

We all hope it does go well.

Actualy that is not 100% correct as the Federation of Motoring clubs run the Bendigo Swap. The Rotary Clubs of Bendigo just step in to help with many things. The Federation of Motoring clubs wanted to take over the Ballarat Swap and run it the same as the Bendigo Swap but it did not happen. We can only hope the combined Rotary Clubs of Ballarat run a great event and that it keeps going for many more years but that will depend on what happens with the ring road changes and how much of the old airport and the swap site it takes up in the future.

Any one want to suggest a meeting place for HAMBers and a time ?
    Now that is both swaps - Ballarat and Newstead.

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Well I did catch up with one HAMBer I know. Great to see the Ballarat swap back like it was in the begining. 2013 may be the last or perhaps reduced in size due to the ring road works.

I will be in Newstead on Sunday so it will be interesting to see what that swap is like.

22. walked every inch from 7am til just after 3. picked up a few small things good days outing.