Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My trip to San Fransisco/Sacramento and Autorama 2012.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOP-Nut, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Damiensablowit

Damiensablowit
    from Sacramento

Thanks for the pics!

2. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

thanks for the pics! good job

3. Great pics!! Thanx

4. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the great pix bro. The season is upon us and the fever is burnin, this event really gets the blood flowin. Kathleens Beauty shop jalopy racer is just so smokin! Could go on for days on comments of all the hip stuff seen here. So pleased you and the little fox g.f. had a great trip! Nice ink bro. ~sololobo~

5. sassaquinn

sassaquinn

Great Pics. Thanks for sharing.

6. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Thank you everyone for the awesome responses. My girl and I showed up at 10am and were there until almost 7pm. She's not huge into cars, she likes mid 60s Mustangs and some Firebirds (Yuck, but it could be worse haha.) She walked around all day with me without complaining once, was asking questions about different cars, and was almost as happy to meet Gene Winfield as I was. She always sees the cars online when I'm looking at them but hasn't gotten to see much old iron (done right, and not street roddy) here in PA besides the Jalopy drags. She really digs '50 Mercs now, and can't wait until I can build an A coupe up.

I forgot to mention the best part of the show. Outside, there was this '31 or so Chevy Sedan that was rusted out and a complete pile with a chrome "Rat Rod" badge on the back that drove by us and the guy waved, my girlfriend kind of put her hand up and the guy goes "Does it hurt to wave sweetheart?" and she said "My boyfriend hates rat rods, and I think they suck too"

Hey thanks, we were actually in San Diego last year. What a beautiful place. The scenery in California is just unreal.

Thank you! We are thinking about Arizona first, saving up, then somewhat near San Diego in a few years. Since I've been sick and unable to work our only income is hers, so I want us both to save for a few years to live comfortably in California.

Thank you very much. Once we're out West I'll be at every traditional rod and custom show, drag race, breakfast, whatever... anything I can sink my teeth into. I've always loved cars more than anything in the world and cannot wait to do car stuff year round instead of April-October.

No problem man, Autorama definitely got the blood flowing. Can't wait to be able to get a project and get to work. Thanks for the kind words, I have an awesome tattoo artist... who also likes to trade my paint work for his tattoo work.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Great pictures - thanks!

8. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Awesome pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share!

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

LOL, that's awesome. Definitely a keeper then for sure.

10. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BTTT....Some nice stuff from a while back...

I shared some images because they weren't visible...now they're there and Pbucket tamed the w.mark...no worse than others now...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022