Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Bird swap meet in Puyallup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Half-Fast Motors, Feb 14, 2012.

1. desotot

desotot

I was able to find some merc pieces, the rain wasn't to bad in the morning, saw cgkidd,going to the swapmeet kind of kicks off the season although we still have snow here.

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

What kinda Merc stuff ya need?

3. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

Made my day to find a dual carb intake for my 223 within minutes of walking in the gate. A few tools and a set of mufflers for cheap. The covered areas where crowed, but otherwise I didn't see alot of people there.

4. I didn't buy shit.

5. Did you also have a wavy Dodge Axle? If so, I was the one that told you "nice axle" while waiting to cross the street.

6. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Glad you like the Erie pump (it was mine; Hammered Coupe, Tim had it in his booth for me & he said a nice young guy bought it, hope you enjoy it!!!)

7. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Sold ALOT of stuff!!! The lousy weather probably helped sales since we were inside; steady foot traffic all weekend. Didn't buy much, tried to stay near the booth (the coolers were there)

8. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

i had a fat stack of cash to blow and couldnt find anything i couldnt live without. although i did almost buy a 1927 model t with turtle deck

9. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

Half-Fast Motors - Thanks, I do. it already has a new home in my shop along with a bunch of other 30's pumps! Even with the bad weather I was happy with what i sold. like usual I ended upside down for the weekend but i dont really go to make money :)

10. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Three 16" '49 Ford trim rings, nice ones, were all I found. When I loaded them in my single pouch newspaper bag I took my thirty-five year old golf umbrella off my bag and left it in the booth, never to be seen again. What the hell was I, a life-long Washingtonian doing with a fucking umbrella? I'll never know. Great swap.

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i bought a Tru-arc Brake shoe arcing machine, 2 sets of flathead pistons (neithor fit), 2 28' grill shells, some 28 windshield sanctions, a new model A head, bunch of gaskets, and a Burns down-draft intake for my banger.

Sold a BUNCH of stuff. My low-rider wagon was also a hit.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Yep, I wanted a spare for brake parts for my plymouth, i always figured that was you, but i wasnt 100% sure, you always seem to be beating me to the cool early ford stuff there and at monroe

13. We should kidnap him before Monroe and send him via UPS To Jeffery James.

14. Ok it was our booth, now I feel bad.. geez Doug.. I'll have a New Seattle Supersonics Golf umbrella to give you ! :eek: sold alot of stuff, lost Doug's umbrella and Puyallup's Lost & Found black hole...

15. Why did you bring a golf umbrella to a swap meet, those need to stay on the bag at the golf course for crying shame ! :rolleyes:

16. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I used to use it to keep roadster seats dry. Not to worry, I had it long enough...I have a coupe.

17. I bet they have a crap load of lost umbrellas at the lost & found in Puyallup. You should take look! It may just stick out like a shiney new penny !!!

18. desotot

desotot

well, I bought some 49 merc signal lenses and stainless trim rings but I still need the housings.

19. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Does anyone know where the lost and found is at the fairgrounds?

20. They must have a phone number to call... I would guess that would be near the Fair offices, just a guess...

21. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

Didn't get to go this year, sounds like it was an okay swap.

22. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Gonna try to make it this year...

D'oh! Maybe next year... LOL

23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

It was colder than heck, and at times I thought the rain might turn to sleet!
    I didn't find anything on my short list, but did come across a screaming deal for my OT '71 BBC Camaro. The headers have started to rust out after 37 years, and I found a brand new pair of Doug Thorley NOS chrome plated headers for it and paid $80 for them! Thorley doesn't even offer them in chrome now, and the ceramics are $600! Couldn't believe someone would have them all these years and never fire them up on a car!

24. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }@font-face { }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> I picked up a Model A subfloor that I can repurpose for the speedster, plus a few odds and ends. Didn&#8217;t see any of those HAMB signs folks were talking about earlier in the thread, probably because I was so eyes-down focused on parts. And on staying dry. Had a good time, regardless. (Oh, and 60galaxieJJ: thanks for the encouraging comment the other day. Pics soon, I promise.)

25. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I sold ya some tires

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I will have to look