Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advise on lowering my 55 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jan 18, 2012.

1. BBobb

BBobb

I recall a great thread on here a year or so back pertaining to lowering a 55 Lincoln,but dammed if i can find it today. I am not looking for a dramatic drop Could any body recommend the proper way to lowering my car with out chopping up coils or bagging. Safety is my first priority. Thanks for any and all help on this one

2. BBobb

BBobb

No help at all????

3. Wowcars

Wowcars

On my '54 Ford wagon, I did a bunch of research and was going to use aerostar coil springs to bring the front end down about 2" and improve ride. However I ended up going MII, but nonetheless, its worth looking into.

4. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

You can get dropped uprights from fatman, I first put air shocks on my Lincoln, with removing leafs in the rear, &3 inch lowering blocks, in the front I cut 2 coils out, honestly, I drove it 90 mph, it handeled great and drove very nice, smoothe Rollin. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

5. U-235

U-235

I would make up a set of front lowering blocks for the "A" arms, maybe trim off 1-1/2 coils off the front and run 3" lowering blocks in the back. That will give you a great stance without laying your rockers on the ground. This method has be used over and over with great sucess...nice ride and good handling for hardly ant expense. When you cut the coils go 1/2 coil at a time. Be sure to maintain at least 1 to 1-1/2" clearance between the "A" arm and the frame. Most likely you'll have to trim your snubbers. Goiod Luck