Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about a FREE 5-window '31 coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farmer, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Squablow

Squablow

Yeah, we need some pictures of this car. I think it should be a requirement to have a picture in your post whenever you start a thread. Pictures rule. Words, not so much.

2. av8jon

av8jon

OH MAN!!!

Usually it's "No it's not for sale at any price!!!":(

Great catch!!

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Thanks again Farmer! Here's some pics:

4. Squablow

Squablow

Wow, that thing looks super solid. That's a dream score for any rodder. Maybe this one should be called the Hippie Hauler, or the Burning Man Rod?

5. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

What a rip off! You stop and look at these old cars and the guy always has the same story, "I'm gonna give it away some day." Or, "I'm not gonna fix it up, I just gonna give it to the first person that stops and asks about it."
    These guys are all the same, always gonna do something with it!
    :D

Great find! Price was very reasonable!

6. it is super solid. the pics make it look all rusty, but it's just surface rust. The body needs some work, but it's a damn good start and it's in good hands now.
    I'm stoked to see el scotto get it- can't wait to see the progress on it. Oh,
    and not pictured are the doors that came with it and the cowl and gas tank too. the doors are real nice. What a day that was- I could get used to that.

7. Great news Scott!

I look forward to the build...

Let me know where you're working on it at, I'd like to check it out!

Sam.

8. wow - you lucky sob!

I might be having some similar luck this weekend.. This old guy we know has a 51 merc in his shop and the city is pulling eminent domain. Gonna see if we can "take it off his hands" .. wish me luck!!

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am!! I was dead set on getting a '30-'31 coupe, and finally got one! Wahooo!!!!!

The photos do make it look rusty, but on the whole car I've only found one dime-sized rust hole, behind the passenger side door on the lower quarter panel. The whole subframe and floor pans are there! It was rolled way back when, so the roof needs the most work. I've already removed (carefully) the old cowl in favor of a one without bent pillars, and have been beating the more dented parts of the roof into shape. The roof looks ten times better than it did before. Once I get the cowl, doors, and stuff bolted back on it will really look like a car! It's a great start and very nice to have something to put parts onto!!! Thus begins a hot rod!

Hey Sam, you're welcome to check it out sometime! I'd love to see your coupe, too, and generally ask you a million questions about frame assembly and such.

Farmer, I have to say thanks again, you are a top knotch guy, it was great to meet you. We'll definately come up again, and you're welcome here anytime! Next time, we'll bring the beer!

I'll snap some more pictures once I make some progress on it!

10. I'm stoked- glad to hear that you are too- give us a holler and do post pics of the body's progress for us- thanks for the words
    Farmer

11. Scott, send me a PM or an e-mail with your phone number and address... and we can hook up.
    Sam.
    [email protected]

12. ShortBus

ShortBus

bastard

hi Sam!

13. here are some Pics I took of the coupe on my chassis, the day we brought it home/found it.

Attached Files:

14. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

.......Dear Penthouse Forum... I never thought it would happen to me, but there she was hiding under the sheets.....

15. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

That's good stuff man! It's always good to see old iron being saved, especially when it's free! :D

16. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I didn't know you have the April fools day in June! Haha! You are kidding us, right? Nobody finds this stuff for free. What? Nooooooo...

17. hey man,

awesome score!

danny

18. Awsome, but hey I've photografed a few Hippy Chicks, and checked them out pretty darn close. Where's the dirt? Oh dirty pictures...

Got one of those freebies myself, but of the second type, about a mile into the woods, not even a nice walk, but I almost bet I get her out.

I bought a 31 by weight, she was destine for scrap, Not much more than a front, but she had a dual carb manifold with all the extra parts :) Then this guy hears about my find and offers me another for free. He said it is a little in the mud, but you can have it if you want it.

Attached Files:

• A31.jpg
      A31.jpg
      File size:
      49.5 KB
      Views:
    • A29.jpg
      A29.jpg
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
  19. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

You really must bring them all to the daylight!

20. junk-junkie

junk-junkie
    from Arvada CO

I just sprayed my keyboard with coffee. I think there's still some in my nose.