Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 Riviera Vinyl Top Trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Dec 1, 2011.

1. I don't want a vinyl top, but I'm considering a two-tone paint job. The trim would make a nice line to divide the two colors. Where do I find it?

2. BigRupe

BigRupe

Have you Tried OPG? I used to work there and when I was heading out the door they were building there rivera lineup...

3. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Good luck, Richard. I've been looking for quite awhile. If you find 2 sets let me know! :rolleyes:

4. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

5. bb1970

bb1970

Don't waste your time with OPG. Even if they had the trim it would be wrong. And they will hang it in your ass to ship it back to them for a refund. Try http://ranchoriviera.8m.com/ Or call Ken Reeves at Wheatblet Buicks 580-855-2449. Horn around on this forum http://forums.aaca.org/f177/ it is the AACA forum. They have a Riviera page.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  6. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Talked to Larry at Rancho Riviera, and All American Classics. No dice......

7. I guess you guys remembered to check with Flat Top Bob? :)
    Owens Salvage Co.....800 798 2581

8. BigRupe

BigRupe

I worked there for 3 years and never hung it up anyones ass to ship it back to me... 99% of the time I sent call tags and covered the freight...

Weird??:confused::confused:

9. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Earl Schieb,
    Tried Owens Salvage already. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

10. bb1970

bb1970

I ordered seat covers from OPG. They weren't close to orginal color. And poor quality. They had no trouble with a refund. But they refused to cover shipping cost to return them. So it cost me $35 to ship a piss poor product back to them. I guess I fell in the 1% that got fucked. Lucky me.

11. JJK

JJK

Good luck, I looked for 6 years to do the same thing. I always did an ebay search for complete cars in the state and then contacted the seller. I got some good feedback and some bad but never sealed a deal.

12. bb1970

bb1970

I just read out of nearly 35,000 Rivs produced in '65. About 1,000 had a vinyl top. And 1965 was the only year of the first gen Rivs that a vinyl top was an option. I don't know how true it is. But that would explain why the trim is bitch to find.

13. riviera gasser

riviera gasser
    from howell NJ

there is a place in neshanic station nj called CARS. they will have it if but you will pay!!! why not pin stripe it..

14. bigbadcad

bigbadcad
    from ga

i just found a car a few days ago that had it on but i didn't look closely to see what shape its in, i can go back in a few weeks and check it out and get a price if your still looking

15. mt94ss

mt94ss

I've seen a lot with aftermarket trim that looks like S#$%! The factory stuff is really rare and expensive. The pin stripe idea might be best. I just saw a late 50's Ford Ranch wagon that was striped by a guy up here (Mitch Kim) a few years ago and it looked like real trim. As little as you need it could be a cool option. Two-toned Rivs look cool.

Mike

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

Air brush the trim piece.

17. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

I think we are going to go silver leaf