Register now to get rid of these ads!

My First Time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rande, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Orn

Orn

I follow this project with great interest. Extremely cool with the straight eight power. Keep up the good work and I look forward for updates.

2. Rande

Rande

Here's a short video of the Buick start up. We need to do some tuning and such as it wouldn't idle (Gary works the throttle to keep it running). But we were very happy it ran. Idle, schmidle, it runs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrNU8bB7n18

We then pulled the engine out of the frame, diassembled everything and are going to finish the welding, then clean and paint the frame, pedals, rear axle, front axle and associated components, and make a few changes to the rear shock mounts. I'll then clean and paint the engine. We'll then put it back together and begin work on the cab in earnest. I already have the tranny/bellhousing/adapter blasted and painted. Began blasting and painting engine bits today also.

Hoping to have back together and drivable around the farm yard (I seriously doubt it would be street legal) before the snow flies this fall. It won't be pretty (may never be pretty) but it should be moving and stopping under its own power.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  3. bigun

bigun

Sounds sweet

4. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

I guess my excuse that I can only work on my truck 1 day a week is lame. Awesome work, and your progress is great. Greetings Minnesota Neighbor,
    BlueOvalCertified

5. Rande

Rande

Still have the project. Two strokes and subsequent big bills have sidelined the project for the past two years. I hope to get back to it this summer.

6. Parnell

Parnell

Rande, do you still have this? If you are still playing with Buick Straight eights, PM me. I have a trick ignition setup that is left over from my straight eight speedster that would wake up that 263.