Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal KnockOut "round 3" July 7th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crashhead, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hey now Gambino, we posted our show already in mid July last year after carefully looking to make sure no other shows where going on that day.

There was NO shows posted for that date in MID JULY! We immediately posted the date on HAMB, Facebook, our websites as well as on save the date cards we made.

The Strangers has their thing the day after our show so that is good.

We have always had NorCal KnockOut the first weekend of July, and yours has been the second week.

We are staying true to our date, ( the first Saturday in July) but apperantly you moved yours up a week this year.

Unfortunate for some, but not all.

2. M.Edell

M.Edell

I was just about to reply saying the same thing.I think the Bay Area is large enough to have two shows on the same day.Ones up in the North Bay and the other in the South Bay.Variety is the spice of life.

3. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

can't wait! really looking forward to this show again, last year was excellent!

4. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

DSC05565.jpg this is what happened at last years show to my buddy! were still giving him a bad time about him passing out in his chair! remember........ do not eat any brownies that a stranger offers you!

5. Glad to hear you liked it. We'll have some really great cars showing up this year! Should be a blast!!

6. Should be a blast Hank...really loooking forward to it!;)

7. 64sled

64sled

Looks like a Blast :)

Im in :D

8. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Cool. can't wait to see your galaxy at a Nor Cal show!!

9. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

I've enjoyed the past two years and plan to be there for number three.

10. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I'm glad it's the 7th, as the "Skip Long Memorial" show in Yountville is the 15th- IIRC, this is the 29th annual. I'll be the ugly bald guy in the golf cart :eek:
    The Napa Valley Cruisers/ Napa Downtown Assn "Main Street Reunion" is August 18- limit 400 cars plus motorcycles, parked on the downtown Napa streets and parking lots- I will have posters and handouts soon, just approved the artwork today. We handed out flyers for the Knockout show at the NVC club meeting last night- gonna try and drag out some old race cars for you, some of the guys used to race at Vallejo Speedway- I'm still gonna try and bring the Evil Twin with the black steel wheels and old 11.00 Blue Streak slicks

[​IMG]

11. M.Edell

M.Edell

Bitchin Galaxie!

12. Camm

Camm

I'll be there wearing green...........:D

Attached Files:

13. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

64sled, don't worry football season is over, you won't have them 49er fans harrasing you!

14. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Hey Crashhead, are stock muscle cars welcome or only hot rods? I've got a bud with a stock '67 'vette that would like to attend.

15. M.Edell

M.Edell

Triggerman, Hank's in Sweden right now, not sure he is checking the HAMB.Its a pre 1970 Show and I know last year I seen Stock 65 GTO's, etc.So Im sure it will be just fine.

16. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Are you bringing your "award winnah"? I'd really like to see your car in person.

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

I will be driving the 34 over this year.At least thats the plan anyway.Alex Gambino personally invited me to the Sit Down that's on the same day..uggh..

18. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Wow, tough choice. I guess you'll be making the drive between Vallejo and San Jose huh? :D

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

I will most likely go to Nor Cal Knock Out and support Hank and Korena

20. Appreciate that Marcus! We'd love to have the '34 there, as it will be on the poster and all.
    We came back from Sweden last night, and will start promoting NCKO shortly.Fliers etc will be designed.
    Have recieved a few registrations already just past few weeks. There will be a number of legendary slingshots coming down this year for instance.

And to answer on the '67 Corvette question. That will be just fine. It'll fit right in!!!

Stay tuned for more info and updates!!!

21. M.Edell

M.Edell

No problem man.I was at the first and second one.Its a tradition now! Plus its a Great Show and The 34 was help built by North Bay homies.

22. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

no we didnt move anything our date is dictated by the date of the strangers and the strangers show is always the second week in july and always has been.our show is the day before the strangers purposely so we can make a weekend out of it and has been since we started .typically so its worth it for folks to come form out of town for a hot rod and kustom weekend in san jose .so nothing has been changed before us it was the asphalt invitational the day before the strangers.

23. Like we said earlier:

"we posted our show already in mid July last year after carefully looking to make sure no other shows where going on that day.

There was NO shows posted for that date in MID JULY 2011! We immediately posted the date on HAMB, Facebook, our websites as well as on save the date cards we made."

24. M.Edell

M.Edell

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

26. M.Edell

M.Edell

If its always the second week of July, then how come its not this year? Hanks show is the first weekend of July and has always been since 2010 when it started.The second week of July would be July 14 and 15 2012.Right? Am I missing something here?:confused:

27. 64sled

64sled

Glad of that, cant stand them bastards haha :D

28. Less then 4 months to go. The official flier is being worked on right now, and we hope to print in shortly. Looking forward to see ya'll in July!

29. Well let's see what you got...:D