Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects need a 34 ford measurment plse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32v, Apr 7, 2009.

1. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

putting a body on a frame and all the mounting holes are gone , so i need a measurment from frnt cross member to the firewall or some referance point. if any one can help
    thks
    wayne

2. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

3. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

I have a 34 five window ford coupe and it measures 29 1/2 inches from the vertical part of the fire wall to the front of the front cross member between the Flat Head and the Radiator.

Hope that helps.

Rich

4. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

thks rich..... the firewall vertical part ,,is that the main part or the sides that stick out a bit

5. that Wescott frame drawing has the location of the body mounting holes...do you think that they may come in handy?

6. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

yea it's great but i have no holes in body to line up with the wescott deal . some one cut original body mnts off

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Wayne - is this a 34 coupe or sedan? Got any pics. If you live on Vancouver Island I can put you in touch with people who are building 34 Fords. It would pay to go have a look and make your own measurements. I am not sure what you mean by "someone cut original body mounts off". There are no body mounts on a 34 frame, only holes in the frame. PM me if you want some help.

8. That Wescott drawing has EVERY body mounting hole shown. Have yours all been welded up? There are no mounts on the frame, just holes through it as stated above. :confused:

9. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

\
    \
    |
    |
    |
    /|
    / |<--------------->
    [ ]

I should have taken a picture. The other post are correct in that the body sits on the frame and is bolted through the top frame rail. I don't know how they mount the body if the frame has been boxed.

Rich

10. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

thks i guess i didnt explain it good the sills of the body have been replaced so i have no holes to bolt to rails. i need to know where to drill em
    thks
    wayne

11. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

so i guess nobody with a 34 ford cpe has a tape measure ??

12. rckymtnhi

rckymtnhi

We have tape measures, its you that has a frame with no holes and a body with no holes. Not only that but you also don't have holes for the front fenders or front fender splash aprons, or holes for the running board, not to mention holes for bumper irons and the list goes on. I could go out to my garage with a tape measure I don't have and measure all my holes but just not tonight. Start by getting the drawing from Wescott's even if you have to pay them ten bucks for there catalog its wirth having. If you do get there drawing you better have a rule so you can figure out there scale..Good luck young man...................;-)

13. ford1932

ford1932
    from Canada

Had the same issues with a frame from a "respected" builder. First thing I did was to measure the wheelbase to make it sure it was correct. Fount it to be about 1/8 out but that was okay.I had to use the c/l of the front wheels and work back to the radiator mount holes on the Wescott drawing and then mount the rad and set the body on to the frame and mount the hood and grille shell to make sure every thing lined uo. Quite a task. Don't understand why people build frames with no concern about things like body mounting.

14. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

thks for reply but this thread is 3 years old ,